Temptations || Chapter Two

"The Jenna Thing"

          Entering Rosewood High School Monday morning was a difficult challenge for Abigail. Every person that saw her watched her walk down the hallway, whispering to their friends. The DiLaurentis girl caught snippets of conversation:

          "Never thought Ali would turn up dead. Poor Abby."

          "Honestly, I never liked Ali anyway. Kind of glad she's gone."

          "Rosewood is much better off with one less DiLaurentis."

          "You think Abby's next? I mean, she was called 'Baby Ali', it wouldn't surprise me if she wound up suffocated under a gazebo."

          "Don't be so heartless, she just buried her sister."

          Abigail made her way to her locker after she parted ways with Spencer, who left to sign up for yet another extracurricular. She turned the corner and found Hanna standing with her best friend Mona Vanderwaal. Mona, formerly known as Loser Mona by Alison, had had quite the transformation between her sophomore and junior year. She lost the baby fat, pigtails, and glasses and replaced them with expensive clothes, exquisite makeup, and a bitchy attitude. She had also replaced her extensive collection of brightly colored hair clips with an extensive collection of new friends, Hanna and Abigail among them.

          The DiLaurentis girl stepped up to Mona and Hanna, a freshly manicured hand reaching up to mess with her locket. "Hey, guys."

          Mona's face lit up and she reached out to hug Abigail, like she did every morning. "There's my girl. Loving that top, by the way."

          Abigail glanced down at her outfit, messing with the hem of her top. A black peplum top, bleached white jeans, and metallic silver ankle boots. The top and jeans came from a large box stuffed full of Alison's clothes, which Abigail had raided the previous day.

          Abigail smiled up at Mona, "Thanks. Found it stuffed into the back of my closet yesterday -- "

          "Wasn't that one of Ali's?" Hanna suddenly asked, studying the top as if she had a final over it that determined whether she made it to senior year or not. Abigail tried not to squirm under her stare.

          "Maybe. My mom threw a bunch of her things in with mine when I moved in with the Hastings." Abigail brushed the comment off, sort of waving her off with her hand as if she couldn't be bothered. She turned to Mona, "Did you happen to get the notes from chemistry last week? I couldn't get an email back from Mrs. Evans."

          Mona smiled, reaching into her bag to grab her chemistry binder. As she handed it to Abigail, she scoffed at a girl walking past their little group. She couldn't help the bitchy comment from leaving her glossed lips, "I am all for boob jobs, but when I see those, I want to moo."

          Hanna and Abigail chuckled, Abigail more than Hanna, as Mona whipped out her cell phone. She started typing but glanced up, motioning to someone walking towards the trio. "I spy a Sean."

          The blondes turned their heads over their shoulders, finding the tall and oh, so charming Sean Ackard. As a football player and member of Rosewood High's Real Love Waits Club, Sean was the epitome of the perfect minister's son. Any girl that didn't love being treated like dirt liked Sean, if not for his boyish smile then for his popularity. On top of all that, Sean was Hanna's boyfriend. Abigail somewhat admired him for his dedication to things that took a lot of work.

          Hanna's face lit up and she disbanded from Abigail and Mona with a quick promise to see Mona at lunch before locking hands with Sean and strutting down the hallway in her too-high heels and too-short skirt. Abigail didn't know how Ashley Marin let Hanna walk out of the house in that skirt.