[13]

Status: Edited

Yoon Mika

The sun rose from it's endless run from the moon, the birds were chirping and everything seemed lively. Totally forgetting about the absurd noises, I heard the night before.

After alot of thinking before I fell asleep, I thought of ways to... well, get the pain off my chest. And that was to send him a letter and meet up with him.

Getting a piece of parchment laid out on the table, I began to write my letter.

Baek-Ah,

                we need to settle down some things, meet me by the musical instrument storage later at dusk, today

                           -Jang Mi.

With a heavy heart and sigh, I gave it to Hyorin to deliver it to him. Feeling nervous about the outcome that has yet to happen, I began to play with the ends of my hair. It was a terrible habit of mine, it signifies that I was nervous, anxious and scared.

I wandered around the household, looking for things to do. Hearing the men practice here and there— I actually don't know what they're practicing for but it seems really cool!

It was around noon now and Ra Mi and I sat down by the front gate of our household, waiting for Hyorin.

Rami looked at me and said, "Do you think he'll come?", looking down at the ground, I let out a shaky breath. "I don't know." I whisper, scrunching the fabric of my hanbok in my hand. "You've been avoiding him for two years, Jang Mi. I don't know how you've been keeping up with this." She shook her head at me, "But atleast I know that you're willing to fight for something you want and love." She said, with a smile on her lips.

"I want to tell him everything and finish it there. I don't want anymore heartaches." I admitted, clutching my chest. "It's been this bad for the past two years. I've been so stupid and—" She grabbed my shoulder, preventing me from continuing what I was suppose to say. "Don't say that. You're a girl inlove. Don't call yourself stupid. "

Just as she said those words, from a certain distance, we saw Hyo Rin running towards us with a smile on her face. Standing up, we walked down to the edge of the stairs.

"Agassi! Agassi!" She yelled as she go closer, finally stopping infront of us with a happy face. "He accepted!" Hyorin declared.

Rami grabbed my hand and we started jumping, celebrating because the 13th prince agreed to come later.

*****

I hurried to the storage room within the palace walls to meet up and end everything I associated myself with Baek-Ah. I waited there by the storage room with a heavy heart.

The sun lit sky was slowly turning into a dark sheet of stars and heavenly bodies, I sat by the stairs of the said room while humming to myself as I waited.

After a few hums, the sky was now dark and there was no sign of him. But, I still decided to wait for him. I have to tell him. As time passed by, the night grew cooler and cooler. Only wearing what seemed to be a rather thin layer of clothing, I started to shiver.

He's not coming. My mind told me continuously. I shook it off and prayed for the best. Hoping and wishing that he would.

I blew some warmth into my hands and prayed that he'd come quickly. I started to feel dizzy and saw a figure walking towards me.