A New Sibling

The scientists worked diligently on the large machine. The king had just came in. The lab was quite large and had small windows near the roof, just to let natural light filter in.

Hours later the sun had fallen and all the workers had retired for the day. Everything was still inside the lab except for a small creek near one of the windows. Just then, through the small crack in the window, a small acorn fell down into the lab, hitting somethings on its way down.

A light sparked and the giant machine whirled to life. But up near the small window a little squirrel poked it head through the window, looking for its acorn. He found it near the machine and was eager to get to it.

He jumped down and landed on one of the keypads controlling the machine. The large machine then changed colors from blue to red then landed on green. The squirrel happily jumped down and gathered his acorn. He looked up and saw the light green of the machine.

He squeaked happily and scurried inside, thinking that the green tint were leaves on a tree. Once the squirrel past the threshold the door shut with a bang.

The small animal looked around confused on his situation. He tried to run away but only came in contact with the glass. He squeaked loudly, trying to call for help but it was drowned out by the machines noises as it started to work it's magic.

~~~○~~~

The king and queen were sound asleep in their bed until a large bang sounded through the castle. The king awoke with a start, as well as the queen. She slipped on a purple robe as the king bolted out the door.

She quickly followed him. She gasped softly as she realized she should check on her son. She rushed to his room to fund him hopping out of bed. She sighed with relief as she rushed over to him and huged him.

She carefully picked him up and rushed downstairs where soft lights and loud bangs were coming from. She rushed to the door of the lab.

The king stood in the doorway watching the machine. The mother stood there frightened, unsure what this thing was. Just then three scientists came running up to them. The king stood aside, letting them in. They nodded gratefully and rushed in.

But they weren't able to do anything, once in their positions the machine stopped and slowed down. The color drained from it as the scientists watched.

The door opened and for what seemed liked ages nothing showed. Everyone watched with eager eyes as a small little gray child came out of the machine. Jess and Max gasped, Jess was shocked while Max was happy. "Ross!" He called out.

Everyone looked at him, curious and confused. Max only smiled. The squirrel then came out of the machine a little more, showing a gray fluffy tail with a big bright red bow tied around it.

"How do you know that this is 'Ross'." The king asked. "Well," Max started. "He is my best friend in the garden, since I don't have anyone else to play with. So to remember her, I kept a bright red bow around her tail." He said happily, trying to get out of his mother's grasp.

"But if you say it's a girl then why give it a boys name." Max stopped, he was kinda embarrassed by the true fact but had to tell the truth. "Umm... I don't know any girl names... at least, any normal girl names. Sometimes the boys from the village come and talk to me through the gate and I gave the squirrel one of their names. Girls never come up to the castle." Max said sadly.

Everyone was silent. "Well now you have a sister!" Jess said happily as she put Max down. Max looked up at her surprised while the king looked at her shocked. "What?! You mean we're keeping this... 'thing'!?" He said angrily. "Of course we are! It's my daughter!" She said walking over to the squirrel.

It backed away from her slightly, scared of what was to come. But the queen held out a gentle hand and the animal soon became calm in her presence. She then stood up. "Scientists, you figure out this creature." She ordered. "Butt Butt Butt Butt, you go back to bed and you," She said looking at the king. "Go to our room and we shall discuss this." She barked as she walked to the door.

"I will be sending down clothes for my new daughter to wear." She said before she was out of sight.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Yeah! Got another part done!! I hope you all enjoyed!

Stay awesome, stay strong, stay beautiful ~ Maddy

=^.^=