Cold Nights

Hey guys! So on the media I'll normal put a picture, which will normally identify small parts of the chapter, and a song. If you read my other Eminem fanfiction and wanted to see what this one was like, hello! If you didn't and you've only just met my work, please please pleeeeease enjoy, I love feedback!

Harper's POV.

🎧 The Way I Am...Eminem 🎧

Love, it's one of the stranger things in life. Some people may say it was the smile on a child's face, or an old couple holding hands in the park. Love has always been known to be a complicated emotion.

For me, love was strength. Love was waiting for my boyfriend to return home after a hard day of work. It was having someone's back and knowing they had yours.

I was sat on the couch, my knees hooked under my chin with a thick blanket around my small body. The black screen of the television reflected the soft light of the candles. I was listening to the crime reports on the radio.

I tried my best to keep my eyes open. They grew heavier and heavier with each breath I took. I looked at the clock; it read 23:45 (quarter to twelve).

I tried to stay awake, but sleep soon took over.

Marshall crept into our home quietly, grimacing as he closed the door with a soft thud. I'd already woken up at the sound of his muttering outside of the door, but I stayed still and kept my eyes closed.

I heard him mutter a soft 'shit' as he hit his foot off of the coffee table. He sighed softly and walked over, I felt his hands brush the hair away from my face. I figured that this was a good time to open my eyes; so I did.

"You're awake." He said.

I nodded my head tiredly, "Why were you at work so late?"

"Huh? Oh I went to a rap battle in the shelter-" He paused examining my expression."You look pissed off."

"I was staying awake for you to come back! So that I could possibly go out and get some food from the takeaway or something! It's freezing cold, Marshall, because somebody didn't pay for gas!" I found my feet and pushed past him to the bedroom.

"Harper!" He groaned trailing after me. "I thought I told you that I'd be back late!"

"It's four in the fucking morning!" I raked a hand through my tangled blonde hair. "You have work at seven! You're gonna have to cancel it now because there's no way you can concentrate from three hours of fucking sleep!"

"I'll do what I fucking want!" He walked over. "Now shut the fuck up I'm tired." He muttered and kicked his shoes off. I stood still and watched him. His body strained from exhaustion. His eyes fell on me as I watched him. "I'm sorry."

"Me too."

He took my waist and pulled me to his chest, gazing down at me with tired blue eyes. He leant down me brushed his lips softly against mine.

"How was your day?"

"Shit." I replied.

I worked in the local bar, it didn't get much money-seeing as I refused to take my clothes off-but it paid towards to rent.

"Cmon, get some sleep." He pulled away and tugged his shirt off and climbed out of his trousers. I walked away and blew out the candles before pulling a long pyjama shirt on and some plaid bottoms.

We both climbed into bed.

I wrapped my fingers around his as I tried to sleep. He fidgeted around and wrapped his arms around my waist, drawing my back closer to his chest. We fell asleep like this, tangled into each other.