Chapter Three

(Ebony)

Boredom was an emotion that I was familiar with. After all, I'd felt it plenty of times in the past nineteen years while living in that village. I remember always craving to see beyond those tall walls of the village, to explore, to learn. I wanted an adventure. I wanted to be free.

When I was picked to be sacrificed I'd finally thought that even if I was going to my death, I would get to live for the few moments I'd have to see the outer world. I'd thought that this was finally my chance to feel alive.

Instead was being held in a wooden cabin bouncing a tiny rubber ball against the wall. I threw the ball once more at the wall, catching it as it bounced back. I'd found it on the floor in this one roomed cabin, the only source of entertainment I had at the moment.

Throwing the ball against the wall again, harder, I banged my head against the wall repeatedly. Part of me understood now what the demon was trying to do. He was trying to give me time to think, to loose my mind at the thought of him coming back any moment.

I wasn't going to fall for it. I wouldn't take the bait. Instead of fretting about the future I'd enjoy the present even if all my present held was bouncing a rubber ball against the wall.

As the ball bounced back I reached to catch it only for it to disappear into thin air. I let out a gasp, blinking to see if I'd see it correctly. Was the devils plan actually working? Was I going insane? Was there no ball in the first place?

"Looking for this?" I jumped as I heard a voice to my left. Looking up the demon leaned against the wall holding the rubber ball carelessly in his palm. He cocked his head, gesturing to the ball.

"Yes," I muttered quietly adjusting my sitting position to a more defesive state before looking back up at him. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Well, come and get it love," He invited twirling the ball on his fingertips, "I don't bite."

Yeah right, I though, trying not to roll my eyes. No matter how confident I tried to be around him, that didn't mean I wasn't scared. He could kill me- no-he would kill me if I made a move that displeased him. I stretched my arm out to grab the ball out of his hand.

Our finger tips touched ever so slightly as I carefully removed the ball from his hands. The warmth in them surprised me. What had I expected anyway? For him to be cold, just like legends stated?

As I set the ball down beside me, the demon appeared infront of me yet again. I blinked, my eyes and mind still not used to his quickness. He bent over so he was level with me, a dark spark egnighting in his eyes. They were dark green like the leaves on the trees that made up the whole forest outside the walls. As his lips parted I could feel his soft breaths against my face.

I closed my eyes, shivering as his hands were set on my arms, traveling down to my wrists. He let out a seductive growl as he set his head on my neck. I could feel his jaw against my shoulder as he spoke.

"You and I are going to have lots of fun," he promised. My heart nearly froze at the word 'fun'. I'm pretty sure his defenition of 'fun' differed from mine.

"What if I don't want to?" I challenged his, opening my eyes to peer down at him. From here I could only see his curly hair. My breaths quickened as his lips continued to brush against my skin. He lifted his head up, lips forming into a sly grin. I held my breath as his pearly white teeth exposed fangs, long and sharp.

"Don't be difficult," he fake pouted, setting his head down against my neck again, "We don't always get what we want, do we?"

I screamed as his fangs pierced my neck, digging in deep. His hands restrained my arms as I wriggled around in agony as his teeth ripped at my flesh. I could feel blond running down my neck and onto my shirt as I tried to move away. Every time I moved, his grip on my neck became stronger, his fangs sinking in deeper.

I kicked at him, desperatly trying to free my hands. I'd never felt more pain in my life than I did now.  My screams died down into loud gasps as I tried to breath in and out. A few tears spilled over from my eyes which were shut tightly in an attempt to keep myself from breaking down in sobs. I couldn't let myself panic, I had to atleast try and stay calm. I slowly began to try and relax my tense body, beginning to get used to the pain. I stopped struggling falling limp instead.

"There we go, lovely," he cooed as he detatched his fangs from my neck. He lifted his face to meet my eyes which I opened slowly. The tears blurred my vision but through them I could see his blood stained lips. A thin trail of blood dripped off the corner of his mouth. My blood.

"Did it hurt, lovely?" He mocked, "Oh, wait till you see what I have in store for you. I'll enjoy ripping you apart, limp by limp."

"Your twisted," I replied, disgust filling me," your like darkness."

The demon laughed as if remembering a joke. He shook his head, eyes strangly bright.

"Oh but darling, I am darkness."

What did you think? Also, did anyone recognise that last line? *Hint hint* The prolouge lol.