Chapter 8: Poolside Panic Part 2

There was a storm outside of Tanaka's house, but everyone made it inside. Although, they weren't the only ones to take shelter from the harsh weather, but who or what could it be? Let's find out now....

The Next Day....

"Hmm.... its still raining out there," Naruko hummed, leaning on his left hand as his elbow laid on the floor. He and Onoda were lying in the living room, along with the other boys. 

"It'll last for the next three days," Hiro informed. Just then, Tanaka came into the room. 

"Good morning," she yawned in her hand.

"Morning," Kagura grinned, "you sleep well?"

Without a word, Tanaka's eyes closed and plopped onto the couch as she groaned. She leaned to one side, too lazy to open her eyes.

"I'm guessing that's a no," Toby joked.

"The rain kept me up most of the night." 

"I see," Hiro chuckled, "by the way.... you're being awfully familiar with your friend, there."

"Hmm?" She opened her eyes halfway. When she looked down, she was staring at someone's feet. She slowly looked up, and saw that it wasn't the couch she was leaning on. It was actually Kinjou. Her eyes widened, her mouth clamped as her face turned red. 

"K-Kinjou-san! I-I-I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean to--" she flustered. 

"N-no," Kinjou stuttered, "its fine... you look tired." For a moment, Tanaka could have sworn he was blushing, but that could be embarrassment. Tanaka covered her face and sighed deeply.

"Ahaha... don't worry, Tanaka," Shinkai was on the other side of the couch with Arakita. He started ruffling her hair as he smiled. Tanaka unraveled her hands and glanced at him. 

"Yasumoto can be like that, too; especially when he's in a bad mood."

"Hey!" 

"Hmm~" Naruko put two fingers on his chin and smirked. Seeing her reaction towards Kinjou was interesting and amusing.

"Hey. You're making a stupid look," Imaizumi deadpan at him. 

HISSS~

The rain pour even more, getting their attention. 

"Looks like we won't ride our bikes until it stops," Toudou thought.

"Sigh~ I wanted to swim in the pool," Naruko whined. 

"Oh, we're still doing that."

"Eh?" Everyone turned to see coach Gary, who sat at the kitchen counter. 

"Just because its raining outside, doesn't mean we stop training from inside the gym."

"But there's no other way to get over there," Tadakoro implied.

"Actually," Hajime took off his glasses, "there is one way." 

[Five minutes later.....]

"Eeehh~!?" Everyone but the adults gawked at the sight. They were in the basement, and they were facing a door that led to an underground tunnel. As they ventured into the tunnel, the wall lamps shined the way.

"I can't believe there's a tunnel under the house," Naruko thought, "how much money did you guys make with your job?" He looked at his cousin, who gave a small sigh. Tanaka was in the front of the group, as she had Kai on his leash. It went on for another ten minutes or so of walking in the hallow hole.