Sunday

Sunday

I can hear the angry yelling before my parents bash my bedroom door down. A very angry woman storms towards me, a disapproving frown occupying her slender face. In fear, I pull my blanket over my face to hide. Despite the fact I might nearly be an adult, my mother will always terrify me. Like she says, you're never too big to scold.

Are they seriously back already? It feels like I've just closed my eyes to sleep. In fact, where's Leighton, I swear he was with me before. Probably a good thing he isn't here. I don't think they'd like my explanation very much.

"What the hell happened to the house?" shouts Mum. "It's been completely trashed!"

"Ask Theo?" I offer.

Mum nods her head and then walks out of the room. The pair of them launch into Theo's room like a SWATT team ready to kick some ass. I scramble out of bed and walk towards the hallway to watch the interrogation. Despite my participation, Theo better not squeal on me. It was his party after all, what was I supposed to do?

As I rest my back against the doorframe, I see Olivia jumping out of bed and a confused Theo looking around. I hate to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. Being caught with your half-naked girlfriend in your bed is punishment enough, right?

"Care to explain yourself, Theo?" asks Dad.

"We had a party?"

"We?" Dad asks.

They look at me and I shake my head in defence, "His party."

Am I throwing him under the bus? Yes. Does he deserve it? Yes. I'm only telling the truth, he wanted the party, he organised it, and then he set up and let everyone in. I just happened to be there drinking punch. Despite all of that, I'm still willing to help, I just don't want half the blame for this.

"You're both grounded and you both need to clean the house right now!" yells Dad.

"Olivia, you should go home, I'm sure your parents are worried," says Mum.

A stunned Olivia nods her head, then quickly apologises, "I'm sorry, bye."

Just like the rustling wind outside, she quickly redresses in her outfit and shuffles out of the house. Can't say I'm sad to see her go.

There isn't time to nap, not with the mess to clean. Mum hands us both a garbage bag for the mess while Dad grabs the mop and bucket to wash the floor. It looks like someone's created an indoor pool, just with sticky soda and fruit.

Theo goes outside to collect the rubbish off the grass while I stay inside. I shuffle through the kitchen and lounge room collecting the endless amounts of red cups and bottles before grabbing the mop and bucket.

Since the soda is practically cemented onto the ground, I really have to scrub at it. This job should be for Theo considering he organised this. The rubbish is fine but I'm not scrubbing the floors like poor Cinderella.