Intro

The weather was oddly a little bit warmer then usual this time of year in Bossier City. But it wasn't that bad; It was just a normal day. Violette Cubbins walked to school as usual and nothing really out of the ordinary was happening besides that she forgot to charge her phone the night before so she had to charge it in class. But now she was just sitting in her English class working on an essay and listening to one of her favorite bands, Thirty Seconds to Mars.

To most people it seemed like she was just a normal fan of the band, a lot of people in Bossier are. It is the home town of the band. But the thing that no one, outside of her family, knew is that she is related to two of the three primary members. If you recognize her last name you can probably guess which one is her father; The famous bachelor Jared Leto. Sixteen years ago a furious and drunk woman came to him yelling that since he got her pregnant that he had to stay with her. Because of all the yelling little Violette started to cry. The woman quickly got annoyed and went to hit the infant but Jared stopped her and forced her out of his house, but keeping his young daughter safe and warm in his arms. She was only about a couple weeks old, he went to go find her files and get the legal paperwork for her; But he found that her biological mother hadn't even named her and there was barely any paperwork on her. So he took the paperwork they had on her and filled it out so that he had full custody of her. And named her Violette although most of the time people just shortened it to Vi. She missed seeing her dad and Uncle Shannon and Uncle Tomo. She knew that it made her sound five when she called them that but it was a habit. And, you know, Shannon is really her uncle. She hadn't been able to go to California recently because her dad was gaining more fame and therefore more attention from paparazzi.

But she had her own life to worry about. Her father and her uncle weren't the only ones with a band, after all. They were called "Monarchy". She was the lead singer and her cousin, Alex Leto, was the bassist; Their drummer was a childhood friend, Kyle Fulton. Their guitarist changed out regularly, they could never seem to find the right person. They had gained a medium sized fan base, although it was nothing compared to the Echelon. But they had a alright sized crowd when they played shows; But neither of the Leto brothers were ever there, and that was for a reason. She and Alex agreed to not tell them because they said that if they were to gain fame they wanted to do it on their own with no help or publicity from their parents. They brought fans in with their own talent and creations. They had an interesting sound after all, it was slightly similar to Mars but with a Green Day kick to it; And the lyrics had a lot of meaning and story to them, thanks to Violette. She wrote almost all the songs, after all she had a lot to work off of.

When Violette had just turned 14 she was taken to a mental institution due to the fact that she had begun hallucinating and people found out that she was self harming. The hallucinations were caused by the fact that she was only eating enough to barely keep her from fainting. And her self harm was linked back to her being diagnosed with Depression and a Anxiety disorder. She stayed in the mental hospital for about a month, mostly because she kept resisting treatment. And also because of her frequent panic she had many break downs and would scream and run away from almost anyone that got close to her. Which made it hard to help her. She would still occasionally hallucinate but she now had a better sense of what is real and what isn't.

All of the band had their own struggles. Alex was one of the main people that would, in a sense, help take care of the Leto family and all of the other kids they helped house. They basically ran a camp for people, mostly kids, that either had a unsafe home or they just didn't have a home. Except people could leave and come back as they please. They would provide food and a place to sleep and both of the Leto girls helped take care of the younger ones, although Alex was really the one that was in charge. Without her the place would fall apart, it was a well known fact.

Kyle, had two younger sisters that he had to take care of because his mother worked late and was out of town frequently and his father was an alcoholic. They divorced a long time ago but since his mom was out of town so often, sometimes that was the only place they could go. Occasionally he would stay at the Leto's but he always felt bad about doing so. No matter how many times they said it was fine. He had to pay for most things on his own, which left him working multiple jobs. He basically had to be the parent of his sisters.

Life was fairly normal for them, that's kind of what its like in Bossier City. It wasn't the best part of Louisiana but it was still their home. And everywhere has their down sides Bossier just had a lot of gang violence and "troubled" people. They always thought it was funny how the "officials" called people that. Especially since they all were considered that.