Chapter 2

The day continued as normal, nothing out of the ordinary or amazing to make it special. So after the boring school day I grabbed my bike. It is white with thin wheels and a "sporty" look to it. And I started my trek home. I started my playlist that was specifically made for riding my bike home, it mostly containers Melanie Martinez and Thirty Seconds to Mars. It was a lot calmer than the playlist I listen to on my way to school in the morning, that had more heavy music to help wake me up. I waved and smiled at some of the people that I knew that I passed. But over all nothing really happened, I finally arrived home. But something was wrong. "Alex!" I called out, usually she was sitting on the couch watching tv when she got home and the house was oddly silent. No cds playing no hum of some of the people that usually stayed with us. "Alex!" I called out again. Now very worried I dropped my bag and ran to her room; she was there grabbing clothes by the hand full and shoving them into a duffel bag, she looked scared. "Alex, Jesus, what's wrong?" I asked now scared. Alex was always cool and collected. I was the one that freaked out a lot. "Alex?" I questioned fear evident in my voice. "We need to leave. " was all she said "What?" I was shocked. I had never seen her like this before. She grabbed me by the shoulders "We need to leave now." She said slowly. Then she went back to grabbing her clothes. I went into a robotic- almost state and jogged to my room and began shoveling clothes and other things into a duffel bag. Alex walked into my room and began to help me pack stuff away. "What about Kyle?" I questioned "We are taking him with us. " she said in a flat tone. Alex, while she is my cousin we were raised like sisters. I trust her with my life. So I listened and finally finished packing away most of my things. "Will we come back?" I worried. "At some point" was her only response. "What about Oma?" (AN: Oma is the German word for grandmother and apparently Jared and Shannon are German so I decided to include it) "She'll be fine. " I could tell she was starting to get annoyed with all my questions but I was too worried to care. "So she'll be fine but we won't?!" My Cajun accent was coming out. "Yes! Just listen to me. We need to go, now." She grabbed my arms and yelled. I winced and she softened and pulled me into a hug. "Everything is going to be okay. I'm here." I relaxed for a moment "Okay let's go. " we grabbed our stuff and met Kyle outside our house by Alex's car. "My cousin is taking care of everyone, I'm good to go." He greeted. We threw our stuff into the car and started off on our trip to who knows where. "Where are we going?" Kyle questioned, finally it was someone other than me. "LA." Alex replied simply. "Really?" I got excited. It meant I could see my Papere (AN: both Alex and Vi are fluent in Cajun french and normal French so Vi calls Jared Papere or father it's kinda the equivalent of papa) and Nonc Shan (AN: sorry for doing this so often it won't happen again! Oncle is the French word for uncle and with cajuns they shorten mon oncle (my uncle) to nonc. So nonc Shan is essentially my uncle Shannon) and Nonc Tomo. But things were bad, now is not the time to get excited. "So what's going on?" I asked hoping to get a really get an answer. "Someone is after us," she started "I got followed and so did Kyle, which means you probably did too." She explained. Suddenly I remembered all the things I had dismissed through the day. How I felt like someone was watching me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: sorry this chapter is so short the next one will be longer!