Chapter 1

I woke up to the sounds of piano music getting louder and louder, then eventually stopping and starting over. Before my body could dismiss it and fall back into a peaceful sleep, my brain recognized it as my alarm and before I knew it I was dragging myself out of my warm bed. My feet stumbled across the cold wood floors, onto the tile in the bathroom. I yawned and stretched out and heard my back crack a couple times. And went back to my slightly hunched over morning state.

After my peaceful, and probably a little too long shower. I dried myself off using the soft green towels that hung on the wall.  And retreated back into my room to get dressed.  My long brown hair was hanging, still wet, in my face. Even when I pushed it out it always
seemed to fall back in it's place.  My hair is long and currently riddled with split ends as well as slightly wavy. I usually dyed it but for now it was its natural dark brown. I wiped off the mirror and assessed my reflection. I had less than average looks, even though some people said other wise. I had my mothers nose, as I was told by my father anyways. It was slim and straight with a small bulb at the end were my nostrils are. I don't have extremely full lips but they aren't thin either, most said they were a nice in between but I thought they were a little on the thin side.

Then came my favorite part of my self, my eyes. They are a bright blue that always seems to be full of life, wonderment, and energy. Everyone always tells me that I have my fathers eyes, and I liked it. It made me feel connected to him. Where as I never liked having my mothers nose. I don't want anything to do with her. She just abandoned me. Dad had told me the story when I was little because I begged for two days to know anything about her. He didn't want to tell me but knew that I would have to know at one point or another. I was in denial for about three days before I finally came running out of my room and hugged him while crying. He felt terrible but I knew he would never lie to me. He had since fallen out of contact with my biological mother and didn't have any interest in regaining it. He was always worried that one day she was going to come back and try to take me away from him. I always told him to not worry and I would never leave him. But I won't lie I always had an interest with my mother and would still love to meet her.

What I didn't know is that she would love to meet me too.