Chapter 14- The Girl in the Shadows

"Riley!" I called, getting frustrated with my sons' bickering shrieks.
"Aiden!" I called, again, to the boys who were in their room arguing over something. I sighed in defeat, and trudged my way down the hall, "BOYS!" I boomed, as I rounded the corner of the hallway.
   At the far end, in the shadows, was a small figure. I could tell it was a young girl, and she kind of looked like me. Her medium length, wavy blonde hair was identical to mine, but her eyes were like Sam's.
  The boys had stopped fighting when they heard me in the hallway, but got curious when I never stepped into their room. "Momma?" Riley asked, softly, coming into the hallway. "Momma, what's wrong?" He asked a little louder, but I was too fixated on the girl at the end of the hall. She never spoke, and she never moved, she only stared directly at me.
"Mommy!" Aiden shouted, snapping me out of my trance. I snapped my head towards the boys and back to where the girl was standing and the space was empty. Shaking off the strange feelings and thoughts I was left with, I focused my attention to Riley and Aiden.
"Boys, you know Daddy is right across the hall trying to sleep because he doesn't feel good. What were you fighting about?" I asked, taking them back into their room and closing the door, making sure to put an extra protection charm on it, so that nothing could get to my boys.
"Sorry, Momma, brother and I were just working on our fight moves that Unca Dean showed us." Riley, smiled his perfect little smile and took my hand.
'You are just like your father.' I smiled to myself.
   I ran my fingers through his shaggy, sandy brown hair. "It's okay baby, just try to keep the noise level down, okay?" I smiled at them, as they each wrapped themselves around one of my legs and nodded.
"Okay, mommy!" They chimed in unison, and giggled.
"Do you boys wanna go check on Daddy?" I whispered, and they nodded.
   The three of us walked into the bedroom, to check on a sleeping Sam. The boys climbed onto the bed as I walked around to Sam's side, he was sleeping soundly, his breathing deep and slow.
"Daddy is dreaming about us, Mommy." Riley whispered, as he rested his small hand on his father's forehead.
"And he's really hot. I'm gonna make him better." With a small glow from his palm, Riley smiled and ran his fingers through Sam's hair, and cuddled into his chest. Aiden cuddled into him on the other side as I pulled my phone out to take a picture. I didn't pay attention to the fact that my flash was on until I took the picture, waking Sam up.
   "I'm sorry, honey. I didn't mean to wake you." I smiled. Sam blinked and smiled back, finally noticing that the boys were cuddled up to him. He smiled, and wrapped his arms around them and sat up.
"Daddy!" They giggled, and held on to him.
"What are my boys doing?" Sam smiled, and hugged them.
"We wanted you to feel better, Daddy, so we healed you." Aiden smiled.
"That was so kind of you, boys, thank you!" Sam chuckled.
  "Who wants lunch?" I pipe in.
"ME!!" All three shout in unison, and hop off the bed, bounding for the door.