Nyx's Past

Narrator POV

You wonder why Nyx has a heart of ice? Well to find out why, we have to go back to when she was an innocent child of eleven. (And I use the term innocent lightly).

"Don't you fucking dare. I will kill you if you bring that lying asshole up one more time, bitch!" Nyx yells from the other room.

"The readers want to know why you have a heart of ice! Is that to much to ask for? To explain why you have a heart of Ice?" I yell back, challenging her

"FINE! Tell them why, but if I don't like what you're saying, your head is going to roll."

"If my head rolls, who would write your story, my dear?"

"Ugh fine. After the story is done, then your head would roll... Better?"

"Yep, now onto the story..."

Nyx, eight, naive, and somewhat innocent was out watching the warriors train, wishing she could be like them when a dark and looming shadow washed over her. Not knowing any better, asked if the stranger was alright.

"No, I need to talk with your mother, little princess." he replied in a gruff voice.

She took the brooding male to her house, and to her mother. Now, her mother was one of the nicest people and demons on this side of earth. Fine Raven hair, always highlighted/ mixed with an aqua blue or a deep, dark red. Her eyes were much like Nyx's pure black, only with silver in the center. Her favorite colors were black and red, hell that's what you find her wearing no matter what, Her complexion was a flawless creamy white or olive tone... My god was she beautiful.

Anyway, that gruff stranger had few tense words with Queen Solstice, or Sol for short. The next thing that Nyx sees is her mother being killed.

The gruff stranger, ripped her mother's heart out, and killed that naive, innocent eight year old girl. In it's place stands the cold hearted, emotionless Nyx we now know today. She swore she would never fall in love, because all it did was weaken you to the point of no return. Every time a male asked her out, she said no, and built her wall stronger.

At her insistence, Lucifer finally allowed her to train. Nyx quickly rose up through the ranks, training along side the best, fighting in her own way. Every move she was taught, she changed so it fit her style, her personality, and in the end, that made her the best fighter, assassin, and warrior Hell has ever had.

"Now, was that so bad, Nyx?"

"No, it wasn't... and how do you know so much about me? Are you my mother's killer helper?"

"No, I never knew your mother's killer, I was writing a different story then.