Goodbye

Life is sometimes harder than death. At least, to me it is. As I made my way through the woods to where my house would be. Today is the day, either I stay with my mom. Or.... I leave everything. I sighed, feeling a tear slip down my cheek. I know Eric might be sad, but it's only for a little while. He'll get over me quickly, it's not like I was anything close to a good girlfriend. I was probably one of the worst ones there has been. You would think the one thing I could do right would be love someone else. But I couldn't even do that right. I was needy, ungrateful, and just downright annoying. As much as I tried to tell myself I could do it. I knew deep down I couldn't. I felt almost, weighed down, when I was with him. I felt unbelievable pressure. Pressure to make everything perfect. You might say, but you don't need to be perfect. Ha, I wish. When you think everything about you isn't ok, you try to make everything else about you perfect. And when that doesn't succeed, you give up. Like I'm doing now. But I wouldn't necessarily call this "giving up" I'd call it, helping out what's eventually going to happen. I can't control someone else's life and make it as much of a train wreck as mine. It was with that thought I started full out crying. I sobbed as I tripped and stumbled over branches and twigs. It was then I just gave up and fell to my knees. I wished things could've gone differently. Eventually I got up, knowing Eric might be following me soon. I trudged towards my house, feeling dread in my heart. As I neared the door, my hands shook violently. I phased through it and headed up the stairs towards my moms room. She wasn't there. On the bed sat Kara, sobbing violently.

"I wish you weren't at the hospital right now, I need you mom, I need you so much"

She was saying, rocking back and forth. My eyes widened as I raced out of the house. Heading towards the hospital, my heart was beating almost out of my chest.

"No no no, this can't be happening"

I was muttering under my breath. I was so scared I could hardly breath as I sprinted towards the hospital. I walked in and moved towards the front desk. Realizing I had no idea what Room she was in, I started looking through papers at random. Then I saw it

Collins, Mira

Room 250

I moved quickly up the stairs, avoiding the elevators. Not even taking a breath and pushed into the room. And she was laying there. Her skin pale and gray, no hair left on her head. Breathing weakly as she was hooked up to a bunch of machines.

"No... mom"

I breathed, my heart clenching in my chest. The tears flew down my face as I stood there. I knew she wasn't going to make it, there was no way. I moved to the edge of her bed, putting my hand inches from hers. I sighed, crying softly.

"I'll miss you so much mom. I'm so sorry I never came back. So sorry I left? I could've been with you and helped. But I ran away. I'm so sorry mom"

I whispered, barely breathing. My heart hurt. I knew what I had to do now. Kissing her forehead, I looked at her one last time, before leaving the room. I was determined.

Eric's POV

I walked into the living room, expecting to see Ada sitting in the chair. But it was empty.

"Ada!"

I called out, starting to sweat nervously. She didn't answer. I looked through every room. Not finding her, I started to panic. Suddenly, a price of paper fluttering to the floor caught my eye. I read it, my heart hurting with every word.

"No.."

I mumbled. Running out the door, I panted heavily.

Ada POV

I sat near the edge of the cliff. I had somehow found one out in the middle of Kentucky. It didn't seem real, like it was fake. But I was here, and that's all that mattered. I decided to give Eric a chance. But I wasn't waiting long. The wind breezes through my hair as I waited. My heart ached for him. I almost wished things could've turned out differently. Almost, but they didn't. And I couldn't change that. No matter how hard I tried. This was the end. And I'm not going to change it now

Eric POV

I rushed into the hospital. I didn't make myself visible to other people, as I didn't need to. I needed to stop her, to find her before she made a horrible choice. I rushed up to where I knew the cancer corridor was. Looking through all the rooms, I finally spotted the name

Collins, Mira

I stepped inside, praying, hoping Ada was here. It was empty, except for her mother, lying in the bed. My heart stopped. Just then, the monitor beside her stopped beeping, and went dead. My eyes tested up as nurses flee into the room.

"No, this isn't happening"

I looked at her mom again, before realizing where she was. I sprinted out the door, praying I want too late.

Adas POV

I had waited long enough, he wasn't coming. I knew he wouldn't. Standing up, I looked over the view. I knew I had made the right choice. I took a step towards the edge, my soul almost lifting as I did so. Yet somewhere, in the back of my mind. A small voice was saying no. I tuned it out, and took another step. This was it, I was leaving. The world didn't need me, it never did. It felt like a burden was being lifted of my shoulders. But the voice was still there. I tried to ignore it. I felt almost... free. As I took the final step, I heard someone scream my name from behind me.

Eric's POV

"Ada, no!"

I screamed, as I saw her walk towards the edge. My heart broke with each step she took. She couldn't leave me, not now. I needed her.

"Please, don't do this"

She looked back at me, her eyes full.

"I'm sorry Eric, goodbye"

And she jumped.... she was gone

Adas POV

I leapt off the edge, my heart flying. The wind whipped through my hair. I was free, I was ok again. As I neared the bottom, my heart broke a little bit. But in my mind, everything was ok. My body hit the ground, and everything went black. I was free....

Eric's POVm

"No!"

I screamed, jumping towards her. It was too late, she was gone. I sank to my knees, sobbing. My heart was broken. I couldn't believe she would do this to me. I sat there sobbing, for hours. My neck was stiff, my shoulders sore. But I couldn't move. It was as if if I stayed there, she would be back in my arms. Her dark brown hair cascading down her shoulders, a blush lighting up her pale cheeks. She would crack a sarcastic joke and we would both laugh. But she was gone. I couldn't get her back. My heart ached, it felt as if it would never be the same again.

"Please, don't leave"

I said, my voice cracking. I saw a piece of paper flutter towards me in the wind. I picked it up off the dusty ground. I screamed and tore it up, throwing it into the wind and letting the pieces fly through the air. What was in the paper you may ask? It was a name.

"Emma"

The End