Chapter 3

(Y/N) entered Snake's tent following him from behind nervously. She knew that only first stringers were able to be inside of the tents here. Snakes began hissing as she entered making her jump a bit. She smiled and waved at them, they eventually calmed down and just stared at her.

"Why are we here?" (Y/N) said grabbing Snake's shoulder and looking him dead in the eye.

"I just wanted to be in here." He said sitting in his bed. Some of the snakes slithered around the bed and (Y/N) sat down next to him nervously.

"Wow, your tent is pretty nice isn't it. Better then having to share a room with someone else I would have to say." (Y/N) said kicking her legs a bit since they were dangling from the side of the bed.

"Do you not like your roommate?" Snake questioned looking over to (Y/N) with a face that didn't show much emotion.

"No, it's not that, but, I like having space to myself sometimes. Also, it is weird to be woken up randomly in the night by her." (Y/N) said looking back and forth around the room to see the different snakes who sat around them.

"Oh, alright, though your roommate seems nice. . . Says Emily." Snake said looking over to (y/n) as well as one of the snakes on on his shoulders.  She smiled and looked down to her lap, just thinking about her roommate. "Is something the matter. . . Says Bronte." Snake said touching (y/n)'a shoulder. She smiled and again looked to him.

"Oh, I'm fine just thinking that's all." She said with a fake smile, she began to remember what had brought her here in the first place. "Just thinking." She repeated.

"Alright. . . Says Oscar." Snake smiled, a very small smile though.

"Hey, um, I actually don't know about my roommate, she is so involved and is so strict on what she thinks I'm allowed to do. She wouldn't even believe that I hugged you!" (Y/N) began to shout at the end of her sentence. She had a bit of heavy breathing after that. Snake moved even closer and turned her to look at him. He was nervous about something, that is all (y/n) could tell. Snake moves forward and placed his arms around her. He pulled in as close as he could and closed his eyes. (Y/N) did the same she held him tight and enjoyed the feeling of him being near him.

"Hey Snake," she said, her voice having a happy tone and also a bit giddy.

"Yes. . . Says Emily." Snake pulled back and so did (y/n) the two sat and stared at each other for a while until Snake kissed her forehead. Her face went red from embarrassment.

"W-Well, since, um, I-I have a bad r-roommate I was just wondering, um, can I stay with you tonight, maybe." She said with the most nervous tone in her voice. Snake looked surprised at her question.

"Of course you can stay. . . Says Emily and Goethe." The words brought a bit of a smile to her face, though she wanted to hear him.

"Snake, are you okay with me staying here." She said looking Snake in the eye and he began to become a little nervous before he replied.

"It's a-alright, you can stay." He said looking away from (y/n) and looking down to he floor of the tent where many snakes wandered.

"Thank you!" (Y/N) yelled clinging to Snake, taking him by surprise. He smiled and hugged her, he was surprised at himself for letting her stay as well, there was just something special about her. She was smiling and put her head on Snake's chest.

"I love you." A whisper came out of Snake and it surprised (y/n) to hear. By the twitch after the three words it was clear he did not mean to say that. (Y/N) looked up to him with a curious look on her face.

"You, love me." She said with one eyebrow raised though a shine of hope in her eyes, hoping it wasn't a mistake.

"N-No, it's just, um." He said before looking down to the floor again.

"So you don't like me then?" She said in a questioning voice.

"I-Its not that I'm it's just that." He said almost giving up again.

"So, you do like me?" (Y/N) said confused.

"Yes." Snake replied with a large sigh coming after that. He was red, it was kind of cute actually. (Y/N) didn't really know what to say. She sat there for a bit, she waited a bit, she gently put her hand on the side of his face and lifted his head. Their eyes met and she smiled at him before kissing the top of his head.

"I love you too." She said as her face also began to be a bright red. She was embarrassed but happy at the same time, she wouldn't want this any other way. Snake put his arms around the girl in front of him with a smile on his face, it was a rare thing to be able to see his smile. The two sat there for a moment in each other's embrace. She smiled and hugged him tighter.

"T-Thanks, for everything you have done. . . Says Bronte." Snake said finally pulling away from the hug. "That's right, you have been so supportive. . . Says Wilde." Snake said while two of the snakes came up to the girl. She smiled as the snakes all began to move around her.

"Why are you thanking me, I haven't really done anything." She said as Wordsworth sat in her lap. With a smile she began to stroke the snake and he seemed pretty happy with it as well.

"You are our friend. . . Says Emily" Emily slowly slithered up to (y/n) and rested by her side. "Not many people would want to be friends with a freak. . . Says Wordsworth." The words almost hurt to hear coming from Snake.

"You are not a freak Snake, you are beautiful and perfect the way you are, you and your snakes are all perfect and I wouldn't want any of you any other way." (Y/N) said with a expression of care and sadness in her eyes.

"Thank you. . . Says Wilde." Snake said looking up with a tiny bit of happiness on his face. A little shine of hope for the two had shown as well.

"I only tell the truth Snake, you know that." She said putting her hands on her hips and looking proud of herself. Snake leaned forward and kissed the top of her head. She smiled and closed her eyes relaxing a bit. The snakes still slithered around her, she didn't mind them a single bit either. The two sat in silence together for a while not saying a word, but could not be happier.