An Intriguing Before-Dawn

| Josh's POV |

The surroundings of the London landscape still seemed quite dark when I had first gotten out of my dorm, but what I saw right beside me was considerably twice as bright as any sky in London. Vik was truly something special. His sparkling eyes were indeed a window to his soul as he was bright, bubbly and had a sort of humour that only he himself laughed at. However, it was no obnoxious nor arrogant laughter as if he thought he was the funniest comedian alive, it was instead a very brief chuckle and that was it. Though this was not the main reason I quickly fell in love with his adorableness. His jokes were borderline funny, a mix of current memes and all around what some people would consider 'lame' or 'cringe', so I was quite sure people would've somewhat bullied him for it in a verbal manner. Yet he never stopped telling them. When I asked him why, he simply responded with, "That's who I am, therefore why should I suppress my sense of humour in order to humour these people who might not mean much to me? Why should I care about what other people think of my own humour? Besides, there are really some people who do laugh at my jokes, so at least not EVERYONE think my jokes are shit."

I wasn't quite convinced he could be this strong and confident in his character so I further questioned him, "But what if someone says, 'you need to go kill yourself.' What would you do?" He surprised me with a loud laugh and said, "Why would I need to do anything about it? That means nothing. Like, have you not seen the YouTube comments' section lately, Josh? That phrase is thrown around like trash, and in my opinion, cos I'm not sensitive or easily triggered by suicide, I don't feel the need to heavily express my hatred towards this phrase. Not that this sort of behaviour doesn't need to be stopped of course, but my attitude towards it is... well uhm, basically my own opinion."

I smiled at his little ramble he was going on and said, "You've got a point there, I suppose. And don't worry, I understand you completely, it's fine. Don't need to get yourself in a big ball of franticness and nervousness, my silly-billy."

I turned to Vik and noticed his shy manner as he tilted his head down slightly and the opposite ends of his lips had tugged upwards. I recognised this as a shy smile responding to my little endearing term for him and I unconsciously found myself softly smiling at this. It was odd how in a very long time (since my early teens) I could suddenly feel so intensely for a person I just met... an hour ago. It is, essentially, falling in love with the small yet beautiful details about him, which allows me to paint his personality and appearance intricately. It just makes me want to get to know him more so that I can unravel new things about him and eventually, complete this painting.

However, it hit me- I didn't quite know why I wanted to complete this painting. There was just something about Vikram Barn that I couldn't quite latch onto and translate my feelings into articulate words. All I know is that I feel warm, comfortable and happy around him.

As we were taking a rather long walk back to my dorm room, Vik took out his phone and immediately went on the Pokemon Go app. Upon seeing this, I did the same – catching Pokemon and hatching eggs. But this time, I knew I wasn't alone.

After a few minutes of silence, Vik spoke, "Joshie?"

"Yea?" I acknowledged his call for me and then looked at him for a follow-up.

"I just checked my Finding Pokemon app and apparently there's a Gyrados near the O2." We exchanged looks and when I looked at Vik, he was clearly very excited with a glowing grin on his face.

"... How long we've got?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and some suspension rising in me. After all, a Gyrados for a rookie at Pokemon Go would be huge.

"5 minutes. We need to run. Now." Vik said with a rising urgency.

We exchanged glances once more and ran as fast as we could to the O2. Vik, being the more youthful and enthusiastic one, was in sprinting in front of me. While I was pacing myself so that I could consistently run to the O2. Thankfully, Vik was decent at orienteering and navigation so we went in the right directions and ended up at the O2 area, where I was an hour or so ago. We anxiously looked at the Pokemon Go app whilst panting and catching our breath to see if the app was really telling the truth about the Gyrados. I had my heart in my mouth as the majestic creature's outline was indeed in the nearby, but it had not appeared on my screen yet. I could hear Vik screaming near me where the Gyrados was. Then, it happened. It appeared.

Vik then shouted excitedly, "It's here! It's here!"

My heart was pounding, I was equally as thrilled as Vik was, though I don't show it much. I instantly tapped on the Gyrados and went into battle with it. As I was inexpertly throwing Pokeballs at it, I could faintly hear Vik struggling to catch it and even heard a much louder and audible 'no'. After a few tries, I managed to finally catch the beast of a creature the great Gyrados is. While it was loading onto my Pokedex, Vik suddenly screamed in painful sorrow and agony.

"NOOOO! IT GOT AWAY, FUCK!"

His thunderous cry of anger made me jump slightly and made my heart sink. I somehow felt that I didn't deserve the Gyrados I just caught and I felt that it wasn't fair I caught a Gyrados before Vik did, mostly because he was the one with the app to tell us where the Gyrados was in the first place. If I was the only one who gained from it, it feels a little selfish of me to keep my Gyrados. Normally I wouldn't be like this, but why did my finger just delete my 1088 CP Gyrados from my Pokedex?

Of course. It was because of the man next to me crawled up into a ball and whining about 'his Gyrados running away' from him. My heart felt for him like no one else.

I sighed and walked towards him, bending down next to him and gently saying to him, "C'mon Vik, you're stronger than that. Stand up." He sighed and stood up, so I stood up as well and added, "You need a hug?" I offered him a smile and spread my arms out wide for him. He stretched out a paper thin smile and ran over to me as he spread his arms wide, only to hug my waist tightly and bury his petite face into my chest. I wrapped my arms around his back and gave it a few tender pats of comfort as I nuzzled my nose in the crook of his neck and inhaled his sweet, invigorating smell that made my heart race.

I whispered to him, "If it makes you feel any better, I didn't manage to catch the Gyrados either."

"R-really? Aw poor Joshie, it's okay! We'll get it next time and by then, we would've levelled up loads so the Gyrados will be even higher CP. Or maybe we can go Magikarp hunting and evolve a Gyrados together! Wouldn't that be great?"

I swear at that moment, my heart felt like it was on fire and my lips tugged so far apart to form the biggest smile on my face. This beautiful, beautiful little man who felt sadder than I was ended up giving me hope and positivity from the bottom of his heart.

If it was physically possible to do so, I embraced him even tighter in my arms and said with such love and emotion so overwhelming that their magnitude could not be quantified or simply described in words other than, "I love you."

I then felt a shift in the position of Vik's head and pulled away slightly to give him space to tilt his head up. He looked into my eyes with those sparkling orbs and then closed them briefly to give me a peck on my lips. He said to me, "I love you too, Josh." His eyes were filled with such emotion that was moved by a reason I was unaware of, but I think he could feel my sincerity and love.

"Oi! Excuse me, lads!" A strange voice disrupted the moment between just Vik and I, making us both caught off guard. We abruptly turned towards the source of the voice and could barely make out this mysterious person's face, only that he or she was wearing a neon green vest...

Author's Note: and I'm finally back with a continual of this story! I actually intended for this story to just have one chapter but then there's actually quite a bit of views for this fan-fic, so you know what? I've decided to make this story "Love at First Fight?" a chaptered fic (however it will be relatively short and mainly fluff) so yea hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading and do feel free to leave a comment below on your thoughts! Thanks, and goodbye. :)