A Merry Morning

| Josh's POV |

The voice approached us and I instantly observed that he was a tall figure wearing a dark blue cap. Once he walked into an area with more light, he was much more visible to us. He looked rather friendly. Despite having a strong build like those intimidating security guards one would find outside a club, there was a mildness about his mouth and eyes that proclaimed no villain.

He asked amiably, "What are you two doing out here so late? Havin' a secret date or something?" He chuckled and looked – no, observed the both of us.

I laughed back politely and replied, "We were just playing some late night Pokemon Go, officer." I showed him my phone screen with the Pokemon Go app running and Vik followed suit. I noticed a change in expression in the officer – from slightly tense to relief – which allowed me to silently let out a sigh of relief myself.

He grinned and said, "Oh just call me Simon. And your names are...?"

"Josh. How you doing, Simon?" I replied.

"I'm Vikram Barn, nice to meet you Simon." Vik responded with a handshake and a small smile.

Simon nodded at me and shook Vik's hand as he said, "Nice to meet you lads too. I'm doing alright, I'm actually playing Pokemon Go as well. Being on duty gets a lil' boring sometimes, innit?" He flashed a cheeky grin at us and we chuckled softly.

After a buzzing yet short-lived conversation about Pokemon Go and exchanging our social media, we said our goodbyes to Simon and made our way back to my dorm. On the way there, the conversation was about gaming and it naturally floated to my all-time favourite first person shooter (FPS) game, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It just so happened that it was Vik's favourite FPS game too, which snowballed into very excited chatter about the game.

"We should totally play together one day! Get into a lobby together, I can do some Tomahawk kills and you can snipe, do some 360 no scope headshots! It will be sick!" Vik exclaimed enthusiastically as we walked out of the elevator.

I nodded and said, "It would be great for a video and I can post it on YouTube, I bet so many people would like to see that."

Vik asked, "Wait, you do YouTube too? Cool, me too! But I only do it for fun, I don't really have that many subs to be honest." He seemed even more interested and added, "What's your YouTube channel called?"

I replied, "It's called ZerkaaHD. What about yours?" He took out his phone and while he looked my name up, he said, "Vikkstar123. Oh and I've subscribed, so you better sub back, or else."

I chuckled at the empty threat and responded with a joking tone, "Or else what? You're gonna kill me? Beat me up?"

Vik replied, "Actually, I don't know what I'd do." This injected laughter out of both of us and I said, "Well good then." I paused in my footsteps and then turned to my right to unlock the door. We entered my dorm that I shared with my dorm mate who was not around. Not a surprise, he was probably piss drunk in someone else's house.

Then, Vik asked me, "Can I see you play some COD? I'm actually quite curious to see how well you are it." I raised my eyebrow and questioned, "Right now?" He hummed and nodded as affirmation. In full honesty, I was really tired, I didn't feel like playing it right now and if I wasn't in the best mood, I couldn't show Vik my true, or rather, best skills.

"Uhm... how about I show you a montage I've been working on instead? And then you can show me your skills." I said, expecting Vik to whine and complain at how lazy I was or that I was cowardly or giving lame excuses like a loser. However, Vik did the exact opposite. He broke out into a wide smile and replied ecstatically, "Cool! Let's go to your computer then, I can't wait to see it!"