Unleash ~ Sakura Haruno

Sakura was angry.

A drop of sweat rolled down her pale face.

Sakura was pissed.

A green glow enveloped her hands, earning a raised eyebrow from the blonde woman seated on the couch behind her.

Sakura was seething.

There was movement beneath her hands, and Sakura took a deep breath, focusing on the flow of chakra.

Sakura was hurt.

The glow faltered, causing her to furrow her eyebrows and force more chakra into the animal in her care.

Sakura was guilty.

The green flow crumbled apart, leaving a fish flopping on a healing scroll before slowly going still as he dried up.

Sakura frowned as she heard a sigh from behind her, her teacher standing up and making her way to her disciple.

"Sakura,"

The pinkette slowly turned around, facing her teacher.

"Yes, M'lady?"

Honey eyes narrowed. "Why did your Mystical Palm fail?"

The girl stopped her shoulders from sagging, keeping her green eyes level with those of her teacher as she'd been taught to do.

"I lost concentration, M'lady."

"Why?"

She hesitated. As a medic-nin, she wasn't supposed to let her emotions interfere with her mission, and she had done just that.

"I was thinking of..."

"Of?" Tsunade demanded.

"Of Team Seven."

The Hokage's eyes softened at the thirteen-year-old girl who had lost her entire team in the span of a few months.

Setting her hand on Sakura's shoulders, Tsunade scolded her lightly. "Your emotions are not to interfere with your mission. It could cost everyone their lives."

"Yes, M'lady."

The woman crossed her arms across her chest. "Try again." She ordered, turning away from the girl and reseating herself on the couch.

Sakura nodded, focusing chakra to her hands and placing them over the fish. There was a slight tingle in her fingers as she focused on the animal below her, chakra seeping from her body.

Tsunade kept her shock concealed as the girl focused harder than before, her eyes scrunched together in concentration until the fish began to twitch, before wriggling about on the table.

The green faded from her hands, and Sakura scooped up the animal, placing it in a tank of water next to the table and allowing it to swim freely.

"I'm done, M'lady," Sakura informed her as she turned around, bowing to the blonde. "Is there anything else I need to do?"

Tsunade waved a hand. "Maa, go home, Sakura." She said, rolling her eyes. "It's been a long day and you need your rest."

Sakura bobbed her head, throwing her backpack over her shoulder. "I'll see you tomorrow at six, M'lady."

Tsunade watched the white circle on the girl's back disappear through the door, slipping into the night as silent as a leaf in the wind. She stood, walking over to where the teenager had been working all afternoon.

It was neat and tidy, everything in order and easy to access.

"Such potential," Tsunade murmured, before allowing a sigh to escape her lips. "And such a shame that it will only go for bringing a silly little boy home."