The Fire Empress ~ Mito Uzumaki

Remember this, Child...

You are not a queen... a queen merely skirts down the halls of her king's castle. Sitting pretty on the throne with her head adorned with gems and pearls... Her body cloaked by lace and silk...

You are an empress.

Gold runs in your veins and celeste is in your eyes. Your crown is made of ice, and in your heart is where fire resides. Your body is armored by diamonds and silver chains. You do not pose on a seat in the heart of a castle— you are an Uzumaki woman... a tornado, a maelstrom, an impassioned warrior. You rule an empire... bigger than any kingdom, stronger than any army; you are a ruler that has the universe bowing at every whim.

You are an empress of fire— fierce and bold.

A sovereignty of supreme power— a tale that must be told.

•••

"Mito-hime," one of the attendants softly called as she presented gold hair ornaments posing atop a sheet of silk, bowing her head before the young princess.

With a nod, her ladies-in-waiting quickly yet gracefully took hold of the pieces and placed them beautifully on her head. Today was her coronation, the day that she'll be declared as the official ruler of the Land of Fire and the wife of the First Hokage.

She has never met him before; Hashirama, he was called. The heir of the Senju, the greatest of them all. She didn't know anything more about him than the fact that he was a champion, a revered hero together with her presumption that he was also a cold-blooded killer.

She sighed deeply– lost in thought. Her ladies giggled as they observed her facial expressions. They were rather excited and animated today. Suddenly, a single knock came from outside her door.

One lady rushed to open it, letting a middle-aged woman in.

She was regal. Her long hair cascaded like scarlet waves down her back. Her crown was that of silver and iridescent pearl, trying to balance her fiery locks with the ocean's treasures. Her kimono and robe were redder than rubies, softer than silk. She was beautiful. Her eyes were bright and blue like the sky but had emeralds swimming in them. She had soft, flawless ivory skin with wrinkles that lined her eyes and her plump lips only contributing to her beauty. She was a woman in full bloom, one that has reached its peak and never to come down from it.

"Queen Mother," Mito bowed.

"Kimiko-joou," the ladies bent on their knees with their heads down.

"Rise, ladies," her melodious voice rang softly as her hand gestured gracefully like fluid. "Please leave us."

Not a second later, the room was emptied for the Queen Mother and her daughter, the Fire Empress.

Kimiko walked slowly towards her daughter. Her precious babe who had turned into a beautiful, elegant woman. Her hand flew up to Mito's cheek, brushing lightly against her powdered face. Her fingertips touched the adornments on Mito's head, securing them in place. Then she hooked a finger under her daughter's chin, urging the young girl to look her straight in the eye.

Kimiko smiled softly at the beauty she created. "My sweet daughter... Trust no king," she started.

Mito's eyes widened at her statement but dared not to interrupt the Queen Mother's speech.

"Kings lock girls in towers. Trust your wings, for a girl with wings will soar past kings as they look up at you from towers," she paused, taking a small box in between her hands.

"I raised you like a dragoness who breathes fire because I knew that you'd be empress of this great nation one day. But always remember, that you are my daughter. You are an Uzumaki woman, a princess of conquerors. We are children of waves and storms," her warm fingers brushed against Mito's neck as they laced a beautiful turquoise crystal around her neck. "Remember who you are amidst all the norm. You are a thunderstorm, raised by raging seas and ocean breeze. You have the beauty of a goddess with wisdom for conquest. You have the voice of a siren, sweet and enchanting like the deep ocean's silence."