Part 3

Barney pov

Barney was actually fairly intrigued. Female Mercenaries were few and far between and he had only met a handful. Each had been decent ish but none had been quite as imposing as Ferris. She spoke way to confidently to be lying. She stood up for herself and he found that kind of attractive even if he didn't want her on this mission.

She looked like the kind of person who had gone through some serious sh*t. Then again, anyone who had been a mercenary for a while had been through some sh*t.

Nonetheless he still didn't want her coming along. No matter how good she was. If she got hurt Church would be pissed and lock him up in a tiny hole forever.

He sighed as he took off on his own bike. He kind of wondered how the other guys would react. He figured most of them would behave but there was a certain tall Swedish man who he wasn't so sure could control himself around a pretty woman.

Time skip to the next morning

Ferris pov

I was with the Expendables team now that consisted of just 5 men. One of which was the stoic handsome Italian Barney Ross. The second in command was an Englishman name Lee Christmas with an extreme affinity for knives. Then there was a buff black man named Hail Caesar who was practically the muscle of the team. Next was a bald man that went by the name Toal Road who had prominent cauliflower ears. Also there was a young man that was nicknamed Billy the Kid who was apparently a very good sniper. Lastly there was a tall muscular Swedish man named Gunnar.

That same man named Gunnar, who at the moment was trying very hard to get my attention as I cleaned my AR-15. I actually had an assortment of weapons on me. I had my two signature Barrettas that each had the name Bronx etched into the barrel with three pairs of amo along with it on my gun holster. I had four silver throwing knives strapped to my left side. As well as a large bowie knife that I had at my ankle. My red hair was up in a high ponytail to keep it up and out of my face.

They were my typical weapons that used for just about every single mission. All of them were my preferred weapons of choice.

However, the Swedish man Gunnar was currently trying to gain my attention. He was purposely clearing his throat in an attempt to get me to look over attempt him. However, I blatantly ignored him. The rest of the men seemed quite apprehensive about me being with them. I hadn't really talked to them aside from the question from the Hail Caesar when he asked me this question earlier that day. " So you are the Reaper? I always thought the Reaper was a man". I was used to that though, most men didn't think a pretty face could be so much of merciless killer like I was.

Looks can be deceiving.

Gunnar stopped his attempts to turn to the man named Toal Road. " She's into me" Gunnar told him just loud enough for me to hear. " She hates you" Toal Road quickly snapped back causing the corner of my lip to turn up. At least he was catching on.

However, I wasn't exactly interested in what they were talking about. Instead I was trying to listen in on what was going on in the cockpit where Barney and Lee were. I could hear some of what they were saying. They were obviously talking about me saying things like " You know what would happen to us if something happens to her" From Lee and Barney would say something like " I have told you ten times before it was either bring her with us or prison".

Soon they stopped talking about me and it sounded like Lee was now on a phone call with a different person.

I still continued to ignore Gunnars feeble tries as he sought to get my attention. I could feel the majority of the men looking at me. I didn't blame then, they had all most likely hear about me.

I set down my gun and looked up at the youngest one named Billy who was very gentlemen like and sat straight up. I figured I might as try to at least be a little friendly even if I wasn't all that great at doing it. And I did have a soft spot when it came to younger people. " You were in military weren't you? I can tell" I said towards Billy.

He nodded " 3 years ma'am, last tour was in Afghanistan. In the Coruna Province" Billy explained to me looking at me with warm brown eyes.

" Didn't like it any more?" I asked questionably.

" It's a long story" He answered back.

" I would like to hear it" I said warmly back trying to prolong the conversation.

Billy shrugged and prepared to tell the story " All right. I was trained as a sniper. And an instructor too but..." He started and then seemed to simply be thinking of what to say next" I wanted to mix it up you know, the action bit. This one time we were stuck out in this hell hole valley.About 30 Taliban opened up from these houses on hills above us. They got about eight of us pinned down bad. So i called in for artillery support" He explained and I had a pretty good idea of where this story was going " No way says the captain. Didn't want to endanger the locals.So we scattered. Some crawled through a ditch, some through a dry river bed, and the rest bailed. But we were still stuck in the kill zone. We battled for... I Don't know, three hours. Then finally an Apache Gunship chopper showed up to provide air cover. Scattered the haji's but...Smoke clears and four of my squad were dead in ditch, and two in the river bed. I was mad and sick. All dead for nothing. You know the most screwed up thing of all..." He told me looking down " is when I got back to base that night, I found out that they had shot this stray dog that i had adopted. Commander's orders to get rid of all animals on the base. I mean you'd think we'd had enough damn shooting for one day, you know. Well anyway i figured it was time to move on. I heard these guys were looking for someone and here I am" He ended. I personally felt bad for him, I knew what that was like to lose people.

No one said nothing for a while " What about you? I heard you are the Reaper" Billy asked. I shrugged, I guess it was fair to trade one story for another.

" Uh well..." I started and cleared my throat as all eyes turned to me attentively. " My entire family was Military so I of course continued the tradition with my sister we both wanted to be nurses in the Navy. But after my Father died I continued on into the armed forces but I didn't become a nurse. I was actually first a sniper but then my colonel found out just how good of a hacker I was. Could hack into just about any data base I wanted. I became a mercenary basically and had my one partner. He was the older brother I never had, my best friend." I began as they all continued to look at me as if to say go on. " We had a mission in Tunisia to take out an arms and human trafficker there name Abdul S'Tachi. We got Abdul. But I needed up getting this there" I said pointing at my neck where a long jagged scar ran up the side ending just at the base of my cheek " My partner.... he.... died trying to get me out" I said looking down trying not to make eye contact with anyone. I felt the wave of dread come over me. I still missed him beyond belief. But I didn't want to go into any more details of how he died. I may have been a tough girl but what happened to him..... wasn't something I liked to relive.

" I became a solo assassin of sorts and am now the Reaper, I typically work alone" I finished as the plane began to descend. It was silent after that, no one really wanted to say anything after hearing the two sad stories. I wondered if Barney had heard my story, I don't know why I wanted him to. Maybe there was just something attractive about tall scary men. I mean he was kind of handsome even if he didn't like me mu- what the! I really need to stop thinking that!