Kuroko Shirai

Mikoto had achieved a new nickname by the time October began to roll along. Well, several new nicknames.

Along with her already achieved name, the Railgun, she was also now called the Dragon Lady, Animal Queen, and Horntail Hooligan. These names were mostly meant as endearing nicknames by her fellow Hogwarts classmates for being the first Animagus to achieve the form of not just a magical creature, but a dragon.

Unlike ordinary Animagi however, who found their forms useful for disguise or stealth, Mikoto knew that her form was DEFINITELY not that, especially since even transforming in front of a Muggle would definitely break the international statute of secrecy. Heck, even flying around outside Hogwarts would do so. Dragons were notoriously the hardest to hide from Muggles, especially the Hungarian Horntail, regarded as the fiercest and most dangerous of all dragons, and the Ukrainian Iron Belly, regarded as the largest of all dragons.

While dragons, besides the Chinese Fireball, used to be speculated to have only native habitats in the Eurasian continent, it became apparent due to the famous discoveries of the expert Magizoologist Luna Lovegood Scamander, that there were actually over a hundred dragon breeds, some of which were in the Americas.  it was just that the mainly known European breeds such as the intimidating Horntail were the most noisy and easiest to find.

Noisy and easy to find, was not supposed to be an Animagus's main trait.

Nevertheless, Mikoto had fascinated Dragonologists and studiers of Animagus forms everywhere, and before long, during October she had been pelted with numerous owls all asking for her input, an interview, or offering to study her for a sum of money.

Already having bad experiences with people trying to experiment with her, Mikoto naturally refused.

Gil and Tasha had also begun to receive a reputation thanks to their involvement with helping Mikoto achieve the transformation. The three of them were now regarded as the most crazy rambunctious trio to hit Hogwarts since Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger.

Gil was prideful of this. Tasha on the other hand, didn't really mind. Her over-honesty, and extreme observation skills had already earned her a rather unsavory reputation, so this new one was a welcome change actually. Mikoto, of course, tired of her reputation in Academy City as a 'proper lady', also felt this change was welcome, though still irritating, because now boys were positively smitten with her. (Gil included, but due to his friendship with Mikoto, he kept it under control).

It was during lunch on the day before Halloween however, when Mikoto finally started wondering why people were making so much more of a big deal out of this then Dumbledore discovering the 12 uses of Dragon's Blood.

"It's supposed to be impossible remember?" said Lily, as she piled food onto Mikoto's plate as usual (supposedly inherited her maternal need to feed Mikoto from a certain Harry feeding Grandmother). "Wizards regress themselves in order to become animals. The fact that you can become a dragon means that your magic is even more powerful than a dragon's."

"Don't be ridiculous!" Mikoto said. "First time we went to dueling practice remember? I got stunned by Jen Verfer  in the first second."

"Jen was wearing a Gekota T-shirt under her robes, you went easy on her because you didn't want to ruin it." Gil said, rolling his eyes. "Blimey, stop selling yourself short, your instincts are better than that.. but I do agree with you on the magic part, so far Mikoto's spells seem pretty ordinary to me. Perfect, but not like.. I don't know, Elder Wand powerful or anything."

"That's true, which is why it's all a big mystery!" said Lily. " It's unexplained magic on the highest scale, and everyone wants to be the first one to explain it!!"