Chapter Three

"You're staying?" Mitch asked again eagerly and I nodded.

"I guess I could find peace here during my pregnancy days. I love the countryside and the atmosphere here. My mum is going to move in here to help me with stuff if you don't mind," I said and he shrugged. The house where you spent your last days was really wonderful. It was huge enough to accommodate Mitch, my mum and me.

Mitch was more than happy to help me out. He clearly said that he didn't want to pressure me with his 'love' and rush things. He just wanted me to give him a chance and I did.

I would be staying in the room where you lived your final days. Mitch and I went to your room to check everything there. The room smelled so much like you. I scanned the surroundings and it still had your clothes hanging on the hook, your favourite set of books on the nightstand and your cellphone on top of it.

I sat on the edge of the bed and picked up your phone. Mitch touched my shoulder and I looked up to him. I asked, "When did he die you said?"

"Twenty fourth March."

"You know what was the last message he read of mine?"

"Yes, in fact it was seconds after he read your message that he went into a coma and died," Mitch said and smiled sadly. I raised my eyebrow and quickly clicked on the message inbox to see which was the last message he read.

I prayed in my head that the last message he read was me recalling our sweet memories or confessing my love for him or how I missed him.

I could feel myself getting anxious, my hands clammy and sweat trickling down my forehead as I scrolled through the messages. My heart hammered against my chest when I clicked on twenty fourth March. I gasped aloud, tears welled up in my eyes as I read the message -

I hate you.

T H E E N D

***

EPILOGUE IS VERY IMPORTANT
So flip to the next page ➡
[You'll know his name in the epilogue along with Eva's future]