You Were Fake, I Was Great, Nothing Personal

KEI

"Jungkook is just a seventeen-year-old who needs love. He never got it and he wants it from a human. Just by looking at him, you can see everything he's been through." Hoseok signaled him to go on. "If Tae wouldn't have seen us interact then he would've left him. Jungkook was just one day from getting killed." Hoseok raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? How do you know?" Yoongi breathed and made eye contact with his Owner.

"Because I was in his place too."

Hoseok's eyes widened. "What?" The words just flew out of his mouth. "I got hurt too and they also took me in. I spent a total of 18 months there." Hoseok took his cat's hand. "I never told you my backstory but I think I trust you enough now." Yoongi took a deep breath and laced his fingers with Hoseoks, finding a way to distract himself.

"When you get in there, you start out at the first cage in the very front. Then as the months go by you switch cages and go to the ones in the back. So the person who wants to buy you can see the happy and cheerful ones first." Hoseok sat in silence as his cat explained how it worked there. He tried not to let them fall.

"I was in the cage Jungkook was in when you saw me. It was like an angel sent you to get me, to rescue me." Yoongi laughed slightly to try and lighten the mood. "You have a deadline of three months before you get put down. If no one takes you before your deadline, they take you and put you to sleep. If Taehyung hadn't seen Jungkook, he would've died. It was his last day there and I didn't want him to die with everything he had gone through."

"So, you did all this so he wouldn't die?" Yoongi nodded. "He's just a kid, Hobi. I wanted him to at least experience something genuine. I'm sorry maybe I shouldn't have done that." Yoongi looked down at his lap and sighed, not noticing he was holding in his breath.

"Yoongi..." Hoseok whispered. Yoongi hugged Hoseok and cried silently on his shoulder. Hoseok ran his fingers through Yoongi's hair, kissing his temple. "Thank you you made the right choice." He whispered.

"Welcome home, Kookie," Taehyung said as he opened the door of his mansion to let the bunny in. Jungkook put his backpack down by the door and took his shoes off. "Wow." He gasped, marveling at how spacious the house was.

All of Jungkook's former owners never had a house this big, or a house in general, they always lived in apartments or just rented out a room and called it a day. They could barely even afford the apartments they lived in. Unfortunately for him, his owners just had him for the sex and the drugs, nothing more.

"You live here?" Jungkook's voice was small just above a whisper, scared of what Taehyung was going to do to him. There was still the trust issue between them, he rarely wanted to even speak. Jungkook didn't even know if he was allowed to.

"Yeah. I do."

"Alone? I- sorry I shouldn't be asking such personal questions." Jungkook looked down on the floor and played with his fingers trying to laugh off the awkwardness in the air.

Taehyung chuckled and shook his head smiling at Jungkook. "Hey, It's okay, ask anything you want. But yeah, I live alone, but now I have you. Feel free to ask me whatever you want, I won't bite." Taehyung winked at Jungkook and moved away from the door to the kitchen, Jungkook following behind.

"You can explore the place if you want to. Make yourself at home. I'll be in the kitchen. I'm sure you're hungry." Jungkook nodded, still not sure if he had permission to talk. Jungkook quickly moving away from Taehyung and giving him space. He went back to where he started and decided to explore from there.

The staircase was absolutely beautiful. A big chandelier at the top of the ceiling lit the room up. He looked around before walking up the marble steps slowly, scared to slip and fall. The railing was wood painted gold to compliment the white marble. The floor was cold even with his socks on but he didn't mind it too much.

His first stop was a gallery room. Who even owns a gallery room? It was obvious Taehyung liked art, everything in the house so far was pleasing to look at. There were many paintings that were hung on the wall, the walls painted white to let the art stand out with their intricate colors. There were statues, paintings, and photographs. He looked at the paintings and saw how there were gold plaques under the art.

The first one read "Hwajeopdo, literally a picture of flowers and butterflies drawn by a 19th-century Korean painter, Nam Gye-u."

Jungkook looked around for some time, trying to decipher what each painting and statue symbolized. He left the room and went downstairs to see the next, two doors closing it off.

It looked to be some kind of dancehall. 

I changed some of the plot and storyline!

RE-EDITED