Softie!

(Chrissie's POV)

"Chrissie!" Kellin yelled as he ran to me. He threw his arms around me, as he pulled me in for a hug. Why?

I had just finished my walk to school and I was walking along the front of the big building when Kellin found me. I heard him as he started to cry.

"Kellin what's wrong?" I asked him, wrapping my arms around his skinny body.

"P-P-Pat-r-rick." he just about spoke out.

"Is something wrong with him?" I asked concerned; completely throwing away our falling out, I still cared for him.

"He's dead."

My heart ached and my eyes became watery; I cried into Kellin's chest as he tried to calm me down by rubbing my back. There was no way he was going to calm me down whilst crying himself. I couldn't go on, knowing that all Patrick felt for me when he died was hatred.

"Chrissie?" I heard a voice say behind me. I let go of Kellin and turned around to see who was calling me. It was Vic. "Oh my god, babe, what's wrong?"

He also pulled me into a hug, but unlike Kellin, Vic had a much more warmer body. I cried a little more and Vic kissed the top of my head. I felt awful, I felt sick, I felt that...this was my fault.

"Patrick's dead. I don't want him to be dead!" I cried out, "I want him to be here right now, even if he hated me, at least he would be okay."

Vic gave me a little reassuring squeeze before pulling away and holding my face in his hands. "Don't worry," he said to me, "I'm sure things will work out eventually."

I instantly became confused at his words. "Will work out? What's that suppose to mean?"

He deeply sighed before explaining. "Things happen for a reason, Chrissie, and everyone has to go at some point. Maybe Patrick's was a little earlier than you expected."

I gasped sharply before feeling tears fall down on to my face. Vic was quick and wiped them away with his thumbs. He leaned forwards and kissed me quickly, before wrapping one of his arms around my waist, and guiding me into the school building.

As we walked in, I notice something peculiar. Everyone was staring at us before turning to the person next to them and whispering. I looked over to Vic who was just death glaring at everyone.

"Her?" a girl asked. "With...him?"

"I thought The Hawks didn't love them low lives."

"I bet he's only using her for dirty business."

"Softie!" a boy with glasses, short dyed hair and looked about 4'2" yelled to Vic.

"Speaking of yourself, you little, pathetic-" Vic then shouted out a pretty bad word. Everyone gasped. No one swore in this school, not even the popular kids, nor The Hawks.

"VICTOR FUENTES!!!" the head master's voice boomed. I gulped and looked at Vic, who was smirking like an idiot. He then noticed me staring and then wiped it off his face then hung his head in shame.

"Yes, Sir?" he grumbled.

"Get your backside into detention!"

Vic groaned before walking up the stairs, leaving me alone. No one wants to talk to me, my friends don't want to look at me, and the one person who loves me after all of this is sat in detention.

"Look, Chrissie," I heard Alex say behind me, making me turn around to face him, "we're all going through a hard time, you know, with...-with...Patrick. So...why don't stay with us so we can get through this all together? Does that sound ok?"

I nodded. "Are you still mad?"

"No." Alex said.

"What about Vic?" I decided to ask.

"Look about him," Alex said, "I respect your decision about who to love, and if Vic's the one for you I guess we can make an effort to accept that."

"Thank you, Alex." I whispered before I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he did the same but around my waist. We pulled apart and I looked around, before deciding to ask Alex a delicate question.

"Do you think I'm going to become bullied, you know? I mean, it's not often that The Hawks get girlfriends. I feel that the school aren't going to be happy about it."

"I think," I said, deep in concentration, "that the school won't be happy about it because they're all being mistreated by those dudes. They're probably upset because Fuentes's is treating you nicely."

"I guess." I shrugged, accepting the challenge.

"Just ignore them," Alex then quickly spoke up, "whatever they say."

"Ok."

---

"Let me walk you home."

"No, it's no problem."

"Well they could have followed us."

"Vic, there's no one here but us!"

"They could be hiding."

"That's the most stupidest thing I've ever heard!"

"Am I okay to leave you, though?"

"Yes!"

"Sure? Because if you're not that's totally fine by me."

"I'm fine, trust me babe."

"Ok. See you tomorrow, Chrissie. Love you, babe."

"I love you too, bye babe."

"Bye."

"Why is he so cute!?"

"Thompson!"

"Oh no! VIC!!!!?"

"Get her!"

"VIC!!!!?"

"She's getting away!!!?"

"HELP ME!!!"

"Hurry up!"

"SOMEONE!!! ANYONE!!!"

"Got ya!"

"VIC!!!!!!!!"

"No one's going to save you now, babe."

---

Vic's POV

"What was that?"