run, baby, run

"run, baby, run. don't ever look back. they'll tear us apart if we give them the chance."

---

*this is done in jack's pov*

"i'm bored."

"well, let's go out to eat then." 

"but danny, that is way too dangerous. we should just get delivery. what if-"

"jack, it's going to be fine."

"but-"

"c'mon!"

---

     a harsh draft of wind slapped me in the face as i sprinted across the pavement, pushing past numerous people. 

"hey! stop that man!"

     shouts blared out from behind me, but now i seldom obey them. i was only transfixed on the man in the blue shirt that was danny, who i almost lost in the sea of people roaming the streets. the steady rap of my sneakers colliding with the pavement was the only thing that kept me running.

     i glanced the people that darted across my line of vision. business men. kids on scooters. homeless persons. gossiping women dressed in expensive looking attire. all people who never could dream about the life i live. the life of stashing away your safety and trading it in for a life of lying low and eluding from the government.

      turning the corner, i slammed into a woman with a fruit cart, spewing out colorful language and in return earning a scolding from her. 

"freeze!"

     in attempt to escape the agents behind me, my hands desperately scrambled to push myself off the concrete. but it was far too late...

     as i was dragged away, my eyes met danny's, whom decided to look over his shoulder after  overhearing the uproar of commotion behind him. his eyes held a worried and almost frustrated expression as they fixed into mine, and soon vanished along with the sound of police car door slamming closed.

---

     the dull drone of the lights and occasionally the sound of footsteps was the only noise in the otherwise soundless holding cell that i stood in at the moment. cracks in the cement currently mimicked my patience, which was starting to crumble a result of being marooned here for two and a half hours. i would try to escape, but a policeman was staring me down like a hawk, monitoring my every move. 

     my mind began to drift off, thinking about merritt and lula. they had set off to undertake a new assignment by the eye, leaving me and danny alone to wait until their homecoming. what started out as a simple trip to panda express soon turned into a wild and fierce chase by the fbi.

     it was not long before you could clearly see that the guard was beginning to become agitated by watching me, so he turned to walk towards the dark-grey door to leave. as soon as the policeman left the room, muttering something about coffee under his breath,  a distinct click of a lock rang through the air, waking me up from my spaced-out daze. my eyes darted to the door, and was i taken aback to see danny, in all his glory, standing there in a police's uniform. 

"what are you doing here?"

"i'm saving you, isn't it obvious?"

    i hadn't expected danny to come to rescue me, as his reticent and controlling manner always told me that he would probably leave me in the critical position such as i was in; just up until now. lately, my feelings had been growing towards him, in a friendly way-- of course...

     he hurriedly pushed me out of the cell, keeping a hushed composure while doing so. my cheeks flamed up as his hand slid to press of the small of my back. luckily, he never glanced my way while we slipped past the security guards and policemen. as soon as we slipped past the automatic sliding doors and into the outside world, danny rushed to guide me to his car. he pulled off his police disguise before starting the car and bringing it to life. 

     we drove back to the apartment in silence, and i began to stare. his ice-blue eyes scanned the road darting back and forth, and it was almost hypnotizing.

"take a picture, maybe it would last longer."

he said, smirking, but not removing his attention from the road. 

i felt myself blush, and shifted myself in the passenger's seat to face away from him. 

--- 

     he opened the door to our- i mean, the four horsemen's apartment. when he finally closed the door, he turned around, his eyes sweeping over me before beginning to speak.

"jack, you okay?"

"uh, yeah.. i'm fine, really."

"god, i wouldn't have known what to do if they actually arrested you."

     he plopped down on the couch and motioned for me to come sit down next to him. his arms wrapped around me when my body dropped down beside his. the television switched on, displaying a random show. i leaned into danny's shoulder, and fell asleep with a smile on my face, listening to the gentle hum of the t.v.

---

     hi! so i hoped you liked that oneshot i wrote. it was not too much jackdaniels, but i promise i will write one with more of them together in the next. i kinda just winged it from the start, which i automatically regretted as soon as i got to jack in the police station. which, for the record, i have no idea how it works, so please don't criticize the way i wrote that scene. but, feel free to tell me if it was well written or if it was too long/short. this is my first time actually completing a one-shot idea i had, and i'm pretty satisfied with it. thanks for reading. 

ok bye.