Chapter 5

All thoughts of the question she wanted answered left her mind and she was left looking up at the tall, almost frightening looking building.

It was two twin like towers that had a long center piece connecting them but that wasn't what bothered her. The building was painted a black and blue color that almost seemed to come together but instead it blended in a way that didn't look nice together or didn't look completely together at all. It had thousands of windows and had the illusion that it touched the sky the farther up you looked. It was quite big not mentioning it had a dark aura to it but despite all the terrible blending of the paint and how dark it seemed there was something almost memorizing in a way she couldn't quite describe why.

"Come on let's head inside," he told her grabbing her hand and walking fast as if he were late for something important. "Is everything okay?" She asked hesitantly, noticing how on edge he seemed. "Sure, never been better," he replied sarcastically raising his brow at her.

"So what should I know about this place? Give me the basics," she said with pretend enthusiasm as they moved to open the door to go inside.

His hand reached the doorknob but found it locked. "Snap, I thought it might be locked," he whispered to himself before very slowly he knocked on the door.

Suddenly he sat down on the ground, looking up at her before patting a spot next to him. "We are going to be here for a while I guess," he then turned to her with a sly smile. "So what do you want to know?"

"Well tell me how long you've been here?" She asked him with a smile starting to grow on her face though he noticed how it seemed a bit forced. "Umm is 'my whole life' an answer? Lived here for as long as I can remember," he smiled sheepishly at her with a shrug his back leaning against the door as he looked up at her.

Luna deciding to take that moment to come into view stood between them to a point they couldn't see each other. "Luna," she heard him mumble before Luna shrunk to a medium size wolf and crawled in Max's lap immediately going to sleep.

"So you really lived here your whole life? That must be amazing I mean it's quite beautiful here," she muttered to herself outloud, loud enough for Jason to hear. "I guess to be honest I've only been outside of this area a handful of times, I did enjoy the time I spent out there. I'm going to miss chocolate most of all, maybe ice cream," he said with an amused look but with a hint of longing and sadness.

Max stared at him trying not think of the possibility of no ice cream or chocolate. "Oh umm I guess that's very ummm..." she trailed off trying to think of a not so offensive word, or words. "That's very... healthy of you!" She exclaimed happily, happy that she didn't make that sound to mean. I don't think I can last a week without ice cream or chocolate let alone about 2 months.

His laughter interrupted her train of thought causing her to blush a light pink before she glared at him. "What? That's very nice thing to say, I mean it's good to stay healthy I guess I mean I don't know if I can last two months now but thanks anyways," she murmured sarcastically before his laughter became louder.

"I'm sorry I'm just messing with you, it's here, in fact it's everywhere but it's a little different... you'll see what I mean," he added as she moved to inject.

"Okay okay I get it," she laughed along before she just sighed and looked up. "Why does the paint not necessarily mix well together?" She finally asked the question that seemed to be bothering her, finally letting herself lean back against the door next to him.

"Well that's kind of a long story, but I can shorten it up," he smiled when she raised her brow at him before she smiled back.

"So you know how I was talking about imperfects and perfects?" He asked and waited for her nod before he continued. "Well before this school there use to be two separate schools but the director of the imperfect's school and the director of the  perfect's school fell in love and decided to bring the two schools together," he took that time to pause before he continued.