intro

+ mrs jeon

i am a woman with two sons. the older one is jeon wonwoo and the youngest is jeon jungkook. when they were younger, i was really worried of the youngest. he lived alone in america and can't take care of himself. but i was relieved when he got back in korea and agreed to take over family's business. not too long after that, he got married with the girl we trust. aya lee.

so i should be at ease now right?

sigh. actually no. the problem is, jungkook's brother, wonwoo. he is actually the real business here. he's a kind child, he listens well. but he loves to do everything the way he wants. my husband and i made him take care of the business at first but without us knowing he signed up for medical school for a few while.

he said it was his ambition to be a doctor and no one can anything about it.

and yeah, we let him do whatever he wants. but being a doctor he rarely come home. all he did is stay at the hospital. keep himself busy with surgeries, seminar and conference. and now he's almost 35.

still got no girlfriend to take care of him. while his brother is having a second child. every night, i'm worrying about him. is my son eating well? did he do his laundry yet? is my son sleeping well? when did he rest? is he happy?

though he call me every day, i just can't stop worrying about him. he need someone to take care of him like how i did.

"you said, a blind date?
mom? really?"

"yes, she's a cool girl."

"mom if she's one of
your business partner
daughters then i'm out."
"i want to live peacefully
without thinking about
stocks shares and all
that stressful meeting."
"its jungkook's
responsibility to worry
about."

"noo, she's a daughter of
my best friend during high
school."
"he's worrying about his
daughter like
how i'm worrying about you."

"oh, really?"
"what did she do?"
"is she a teacher?"
"is she beautiful like
you?"

"he said her daughter
drew cartoons."
"wonwoo seriously,"

"a cartoonist??"
"well that sounds
cool,"

"do you agree?"

"i only agreeing
because i love you,"
"but don't decide the
date yet."
"i'm on call for this whole
week,"

"don't be too busy,"
"you're a senior now."

"thats why i should
be busy."
"because i'm a senior,
and i have to show a
good image for
juniors."
"mom, its 9pm now.
you should go and
take a rest."

"i am resting for
this whole day. i'm tired
of doing nothing."
"when are you going to
have the date?"

"i'll tell you later,"
"anyway i have to
go now. good night
mom. i'm sorry that
i can't visit you
often. i love you
so much."
"more than jungkook
did."

"omo my pretty son,"
"you too, get enough rest,"
"i love you so much."

+ mr kang

i'm a single father with a daughter. from she's a little baby until she's a grown up lady, i'm the one who take care of her. i'm paying all our life expenses with my tattoo shop and a cafe business. we got some money issues but its all good. we still survived.

my pretty daughter, kang chaerin. she's 28 years old now. she always make me worry. if other girls got their friends to get out during weekends, and dating, my daughter's not. all she did is screaming over pretty boys on the tv and her computer during her high school days.

she loves to stay at home so much its tiring me. well its good to see her safe every time but she is neglecting her natural growth. she never date anyone. from university until she's working, all she did is facing her computer tablets.

whether she know boxing and got a stable job now, she still need someone to take care and protect her. like how i did. sigh. what she's gonna do if i'm gone later?

"when you're older i'm kicking you out of this house." i said to her.

"but where will i go??"

"to your boyfriend's house!"

"i don't have a boyfriend!"

"what kind of woman who don't have a boyfriend?? you're almost 30 now!"

"dad!"

we fought over the same thing everyday. but one day, when i go to the market i met with jihyun, (mrs jeon) a best friend from high school. jihyun, her husband, my late wife, and i were best friends.

we quickly catch up and somehow we know about each other's problem. and that's how we set a date for our children.

"here take this money and buy some pretty dresses." i gave the envelope to my daughter when we're watching tv.

"omg that's a lot of money," she counted it. "dad, keep it for our business. i don't need it."

"you have to need it. you're going to a date this weekend,"

"eh????"

"trust me, he's a nice guy. i know his parents well."

"mehhhh,"

"just go and get to know him."

"i don't want to," she roll her eyes and lazily watch the drama. i throw the envelope at her head.

"BEFORE I SHAVE YOU HAIR OFF,"

"DAD!"

C O M I N G S O O N