037 | IWAIZUMI HAJIME

IN DENIAL否定的に

IN DENIAL
否定的に

The days where they used to get injuried, have fun and slack off ended. The third years decided that they will no longer participate in other tournaments. They also resigned in their position, entrusting the club to the remaining members and just focused on studying for the entrance exam of the college or university they wanted to study at.

The hallways that used to be filled with squeals, now is quiet and silent. The fangirling seemed to have died, after hearing the news that their beloved Oikawa will not participate in the spring tournament. Also because Oikawa is leaving Aoba Johsai.

They quickly searched for a new Oikawa Tooru, a one that will replace him, and be better than him. He was heartbroken when he heard the news that he was replaced, but he'll be leaving their shitty school anyways, so it'a alright.

"Iwa-chan!" The brunett stuck out his head in Haijime's classroom, the girls in his class ignoring Oikawa. Iwaizumi frowned, seeing how they didn't approach Oikawa and give him a gift.

"What is it, assikawa?" Iwaizumi growled, glaring at Oikawa.

The teen flinched under his gaze and gulped. "We have a bento party in the rooftop!" He whispered, loud enough for Iwaizumi to hear.

Iwaizumi heaved a deep sigh and stood up, grabbing his bento with him as he trailed behind Oikawa, hiding his other hand in his pocket, the other hand holding the bento. Oikawa happily hummed a song on the way, making Iwaizumi annoyed but he brushed it off, looking at the sky with mesmerizing eyes.

"We're here!" Announced by Oikawa, slamming the door open to reveal their other friends. You and Hanamaki scarfed down on your bento whilst Matsukawa silently watched you.

"Hey guys!" Oikawa sat beside you who is too busy eating the food.

"Shh." Matsukawa stopped the brunett. "They're having a contest on who is the fast eater."

Iwaizumi face palmed and sat in front of you as he stared at your mouth which is filled with food. Iwaizumi thinks your cheeks are exploding due to the amount of food in your mouth.

"Ey guys, are y'all free after school?" The only female in the group asked, your mouth full of rice that the other rice spurted out of your mouth.

"I'm sorry but I have to study." Matsukawa bluntly says. "I really want to go to a prestigious college."

"Awh!" You whined. "I can teach you for that!"

Matsukawa rejected your kind offer and plugged in his earphones. You pouted and whipped your head around to Hanamaki.

"How about you Makki, are you free?"

Hanamaki smiled sadly, "I'm sorry but my dad is coming home tonight and I gotta fetch him from the airport."

"So, Tooru and Hajime!" You pointed out the two. "I expec you two to be free today!"

"I'm free." Iwaizumi agreed, wanting to spend time with his friends before enrolling.

"I will be there!" Oikawa said loudly, clenching his fists.

The only female in their group smiled brightly like the sun as they ate peacefully under the vibrant skies.

• • •

"That was fun!" You cheered. "Thank you for coming with me!" You beamed.

"No problem (F/n)-chan!"

Silence lingered in the air and you remembered that in a week, you will all be seperated and study in different universities.

"Hey--" Iwaizumi tried to lessen the tension in the air but he found himself staring at a sobbing Oikawa.

"Oi Trashykawa! why are you crying?!"

Oikawa smiled goofily, sniffing the snot in his nose. "I'm fine Iwa-chan! i'm just gonna miss everyone." After that, no one dared to speak again.

Oikawa went in a different direction in going home and glanced at you, knowing that you will be confessing your feelings for Iwaizumi. You caught his gaze and Oikawa winked, before speedwalking away.

The skies turned dark, streetlights illuminating the dark streets. You gulped, mustering up your courage and stared at Iwaizumi. "Hajime..." the male peered down to see how serious your expression was.

"I like you." You blurted out, flustered and avoided his gaze.

His face showed both surprise and shock as he processed your words. "Y-you like me?" He croaked out. You nodded in reply, covering your mouth.

"What are you, joking?"

"No. I'm serious, Iwaizumi." It was your first time calling him by his last name. Your eyes were glued to each other, it looked like a staring contest because you weren't blinking. The broken streetlight flickered in the distance as you stopped in the street.

"I don't like you." He answered, unsure with his feelings. He smiled at you and tousled your hair. "So why don't we go home an--"

"I know you like me! You're just indenial!" You shouted, salty tears making it's way down to your cheeks.

"I'm not indenial!" He yelled back in reply, his voice getting more louder in minutes. "Oikawa told me he likes you! wait...no! he fucking loves you!"

You flinched in fear by his deep but loud voice. "I-i don't..." You trailed off, wiping a fresh tear. "I like you, not Oikawa!"

The male shook his head, finding your arguement annoying. "You don't like me, you're just delusional." His words were like sharp knives, piercing your heart. he took a step forward and distanced himself away from you.

"Hajime! Hajime! Please don't leave me!" You pleaded, chasing after Iwaizumi but you felt like you crashed into an invisible wall, knees scraping against the ground as you desperately reached a hand to his figure.

"Hajime..." You muttered, your vision slowly blacking out.

After many years, the flickering streetlight was completely broken, the light blacking out, like the hope you had for Hajime in accepting your confession.

• • •

sleepy af