Flaming Girl

Evelyn's POV

I lost her the moment I yelled as she picked up her speed and ran like she was chased by ghost. Well,I'm a ghost when I'm angry and that little rascal knew that. How I wanted to murder her and maybe kick her butt a few times.

"I.....can't.....run...anymore...! I....think...I'm..going to p....pass out." I panted and dropped down to my knees,mumbling to no one in particular.

"Christ! There you are! Why did you leave me?" Mikayla yelled from a distance,breathing hard and grumbling as she made her way to me who was still on the floor.

"Who told you not to follow us? You could have helped to catch her! Did you see how fast she was? She ran like she was on fire!"

"Excuse me for trying to keep up with the two of you. I lost you two corridors away where I ran into our netball coach,Ms.Lisa who had already written down our names for try-outs. Do you know what that means?"

"Weren't you the fastest between us when we were younger? Have you lost your game already? No,I don't know what that means!" I grumbled,pushing myself up from the floor before dusting the imaginary dirt off me.

"That was when we were younger. We're 17 now and I haven't lost my game,I'm just out of shape. And that means hardcore training every single day if we're chosen and we have to spent time with the jocks and cheer squad because we'll be in the same space."

"Oh! What's the big deal? It's not like we have to train with them or anything. They're just sharing the same space." I said,confused as to why that is a bad thing. Hmm...isn't Chase in basketball too? No! Stop thinking about him! 

"Well,it's not a big deal to you but it's a big deal to me!"

"Why is it such a big deal anyway?"

"We should get to class. We're already 10 minutes late and we'll get detention if we're even more late! Let's go." Mikayla said,ignoring my question and walked on ahead leaving me standing there.

"Hey,wait up! Why did you ignore my question? Is there something that's going on that I don't know about or are you hiding something from me?" I looked at her but she only shook her head and looked away but kept on walking. What's wrong with her? Have I really been that oblivious to her problems? What's going on? I should ask Jazzy about this before I jump to any conclusions.

"We're here!" Mikayla said,standing in front of the door with her fist up ready to knock.

"Why knock when we can just open the door?" I said and winked at her before opening the door. All eyes were on us now. Oh great! How I hated being in the centre of attention.

"Why are 15 minutes late to my class on the first day of school?" Mr.Brown asked,glancing at his watch before looking back to us.

"Uhm...well we kinda got lost so that's why we're late. We're sorry,Mr.Brown." Mikayla said,saving us.

"I'll let this pass as this is the first day but today will be the last time this happens,understood?" We nodded and walked to the back of the class at the other end. We took out our books and started jotting down the formulas that were on the board. 

"Ugh,I think I'm going to have a headache because of these crazy formulas. Do we have to copy this down? Can't I  just pretend to be sick?" I grumbled,holding my already aching head in my hands.

"Can't you just pretend to be interested in Math and try to not get us in trouble?" Mikayla said,too immersed in the problem solving to look up at me.

"Are you girls done?" Mr.Brown asked from the front.

"No." I answered,shaking my head.

"Then,why were you talking? You were disrupting the class. Get back to work and if I see you talking again,it's straight to detention for the both of you." He glared at me and went back to doing something on his phone.