Chapter 3

Aphmau POV

I answer the door just before Garroth could knock it down, him instead running straight into me.

"Jets!" Barney exclaims, running over to me. He helps me up while Max grabs Garroth by the back of his collar and dragging him off of me.

"I'm okay." I tell him before standing up and grabbing Max who is holding Garroth to the wall with his arm at his neck. "Let go Max. He's a friend." I tell him. He instantly let's go.

"T-thanks Aphmau. Who are they?" Garroth asks as Laurence and Dante walk up to the door. This is when I notice the aura around Laurence. It's familiar, like the shadow knights from the nether but it's barely noticeable since he left them. Sky stands by my side, protectively.

"Aren't these the people that appeared out of that bright light?" Dante asks. I nod.

"What are they here for?" Laurence asks, confusion on his face.

"They came unannounced and started calling Aphmau, Jess. They are saying something about being her six divine protectors." Katelyn says. KC walks out of the kitchen with a tray of cookies.

"Ooh cookies!" I say, reaching for a cookie. She gladly gives me one.

"Are you okay Laurence? You look a little pale." Garroth asks. I look over to see that he is right. Laurence looks like he has seen a ghost. I go over to him and touch his forehead, instantly regretting it as it burned my hand but I hide it. Instead, I grab his wrist and drag him outside, the other guys following before I shut the door before dragging him into the area between my house and the next so nobody can see us. Instantly, Sky takes out his budde- golden sword and holds it to his neck.

"Who are you, shadow night?" He asks in a deadly voice, making his eyes widen in shock before turning to fear.

"Sky let him go!" I shout, pulling Sky off of him. He stands, glaring at Laurence. "Stop glaring. He isn't an evil shadow knight." I scold him.

"H-how did you know I'm a shadow knight?" Laurence asks me, shocked.

"I overheard you mumbling to yourself and now that these guys are here, I am sensing the aura. They sense it as well." I tell him.

"Well I have no interest as a shadow knight so I would appreciate it if you please just leave me alone about it." He pleads. I nod.

"Sure. I suggest you and the guys go home. I have to sort out my 'protectors'." I tell him. He nods before walking back to his house, shutting the door behind him. We walk back into my house and I tell the other two guys to go back home before sitting back at the dining table. Everybody follows me, KC going upstairs and into her room because Katelyn told her to.

"Anyway, I don't trust you guys." Katelyn says, getting straight to the point. "Why are you here?"

"I thought we already said. It's to protect Jess." Ross says. That's when I remember that I am still wearing his scarf. I take it off and give it back to him. He puts it on, thanking me.

"If my dream was correct then there is a war. Correct?" I ask. They all nod, making me sigh. "Why do I need to be protected. Why am I even being targeted?" I ask.

"Your fathers wants you toos be withs him." Barney says. I raise my eyebrow at him.

"And who exactly is my father. Or my mother?" I ask.

"Your mother is Lady Irene while your father is the lord of the nether, Shad." Jin replies. This makes me and Katelyn gasp.

"So lady 'Aphmau', we are at your service." Sky says, bowing before standing back up and laughing.

"Well the only spare room is the basement so unless you can all get beds down their, you are sleeping on the floor. You are forbidden to come into any of our rooms without permission. You must also do the chores around the house to pay for your stay." I tell them before turning to Katelyn. "Do you agree?" I ask her. She nods.

"As long as we can stay here and protect you then we agree." Sky says, nodding. I smile at them before checking the time.

"Oh! I have to get to work." I say, standing up and walking upstairs. Ross follows me.

"What do you work as?" He asks. I open my bedroom door before stepping in.

"Don't worry about it. Just know that you can't come to work with me." I say before shutting the door and going over to my bed, pulling out my night guard outfit. I put it on, petting Celeste on the head before leaving. I made sure that my uniform isn't seen by the others before saying goodbye to them.

"I'm leaving now. I will be back at six!" I shout before shutting the front door and getting into my car, driving towards the children's restaurant called Freddy fazbears pizzeria. I started working here when my adoptive sister's son went missing. Sadly, she isn't alive now. Soon, I arrive after half an hour. The day guard walks up to me.

"Here are the keys. The camera tablet is in the usual spot. Good luck." He tells me before leaving to his car. I continue walking towards the security room, quickly locking the doors and sitting down just as the clock hits twelve. All of the lights turn off, only letting the light from the windows come through, well whatever can escape the curtains. Friday night is always the most dangerous night. Let's get this over with.