Chapter 18

Aphmau POV

"So this is wheres the parks is?" Barney asks, talking in his broken English. I nod and get out of the car, Lucinda parking next to me. Barney and Jin follow me out of the car while Red, Sky and Ross get out of Lucinda's car. Don't ask how I drove us to this place because it wasn't exactly fun.

"I feel what you mean but it's really faint. Let's go." Lucinda steps out of her car and leads us to a huge tree in the middle of the park.

"We need to figure out how to-" I start to speak but I'm cut off from the pain in my leg. Sky and Ross kneel to the ground as well, also in pain.

"Are you sure you guys can do this? Jess is on crutches, Ross can't use his sword arm and Sky can't even run without him losing breath from the pain in his chest." Jin says, glancing at us. Red and Barney nod in agreement.

"Well I have to go so I can keep us going in the right direction." I say, pointing to my necklaces. The dark heart would lead us to the positive aura while my rainbow heart necklace should point us in the direction of Irene's magic. It did use to be my mothers after all.

"Sky and Ross have no need to though. I can just carry you if something happens but those two guys are a different story." Red says, pointing into the direction of the two guys with the poison.

"They can stay and help me keep the magic stable. You four just go and find those flowers. Bring some extra back as well just in case of emergencies." Lucinda says before taking out her staff and spell book. We all ignore Ross and Sky as they complain.

"Hey Jess, get on my back." Barney says, bending down. I climb onto his back before giving my crutches to Red who uses his magic to carry them.

"Everybody ready?" Jin asks. We all nod.

"What about us?" Sky asks while Ross helps Lucinda set up the equipment she needs.

"Stay here and keep Lucinda safe. She is our only way home." I tell them. Suddenly, I see a powerful surge of magic go into the magic circle and swirl around, creating an entrance to the invisible forest. We all jump in before waving to Lucinda.

"Stay safe!" Ross shouts before the portal suddenly disappears. That was not meant to happen. It was meant to stay open.

"Hopefully the portal is open by the time we get back." Red says before looking at me. "Now take us to the magical flowers!"

"Okay, just give me a moment." I say before closing my eyes and concentrating on my necklaces. They both point into the direction of our left. My shadow hand summons itself and points in the direction of the field. We start walking, well they start walking since Barney is carrying me.

"So how long do we have until the poison takes over our body or kill us?" I ask. This makes Jin freeze.

"I-I don't know. This is why we need to get it as quick as possible." He says. Soon, we reach the field that is covered by a wall of dark green vines. Barney places me down and i grab the crutches from Red who is now carrying with his hands them since his magic was flickering on and off. Whatever the spell on this forest is, it's blocking other magic. Well, except for mine.

"Hey, what's that over there?" Barney asks, pointing to something huge. Suddenly, five heads come out of that blue scaled being, making us gasp.

"Hydra!" Jin grabs me around the waist and jumps out of the way of the fire being shot at us. I drop my crutches, making me even more useless than I am now.

"Thanks." I say as he teleports me on top of a tree, setting me down on a sturdy branch.

"I would teleport you further but the magic is blocking my full potential. You should be safe here for now." He says before teleporting away. He appears above the hydra and takes his sword out, pushing it down into one of the heads. It doesn't do anything but make him slip and fall to the ground as the hydra shakes it's head.

"The scales are too hard to get through. Now what!" Red shoots as he dodges another attack.

"The tail! Attack the tail!" I shout but nobody hears me from how high I am. I need to get down there somehow. Instantly after thinking that, angel wings sprout from my Bach, making me fall from shock. The wings go on auto pilot and start flying me to the ground. I summon my sword and fly behind the hydra, striking the tail. The hydra screeches in pain before using its tail and flicking me out of the air and into a tree.

"Jess! Get out of here!" Barney shouts as soon as he sees me but I ignore him and get up, flying behind the hydra and throwing my sword at its tail. A pure white thread wraps itself around my wrist and the sword so I pull out the sword. One of its heads fall off.

"She's doing it!" Red shouts, jumping out of the way out of the falling head. I don't have any clue why it suddenly falls to the ground but I don't question it as I strike at the tail again, missing the fire one of the heads shoots at me. It suddenly falls off, lifeless.

"Jess get out of the way!" Barney shoots. He raises his hand, making spikes of dirt shoot up and through the tail. The hydra falls to the ground, heads falling off and the wall of vines opening an entry. I fly over to my crutches and pick them up before flying to the guys who are panting.

"Well that was fun. Can we do it again?" I ask as I fall into Jin's arms.