Chapter 2

I didn't see that coming. First she claims her seat, rearranging our circle, and now something like that comes out of her mouth. She looks away when I didn't respond to her. To be honest, I am not sure how I should respond. The situation is getting awkward all over so I try to think of something else to break the silence.

"Um... Why are you looking for Senyou?"

"I have no one to go home with. Senyou could accompany me," she says while trying to hide the embarrassment with a frown. It was oddly quite adorable.

"Do you always go home with that person?"

She pauses for a while, as if to reconsider her answer before nodding again. She looks a little disappointed, like she's been left out or so, kinda makes me pity her. It would be nice if she doesn't seem so eccentric but that's not the case at the moment.

"Well I'm going home soon myself. If you want, I could accompany you."

No response... She really loves making things difficult for me doesn't she. I pick up my bag and hesitantly excuse myself, walking pass her towards the door.

"I found him," She says softly, but loud enough for me to hear.

"Ah, really? Where is he--"

I'm being cut off by a grab on my right my arm. Suddenly, I'm spinning backwards before landing with a loud thud. My back barely touches the ground as I take the shock into my elbow. Since when have girls been this tough?! I know I haven't been held by a girl in a long time, but this is insane. I try to regain my posture as I rub my arm which is now stinging with pain. My elbow has turned pinkish red from the assault.

"What was that for?!" I blurt out.

"Why did you steal Senyou?!" She counters.

Before I have the time to digest what she meant by that statement, I am being held back by her flushed face. Her frown deepens and she's clenching her fist. I try to defend myself by holding onto the edge of the desk beside me, hopefully being able to use it as a barrier or if the worst happens, a weapon. Having gotten the first bruise, I wouldn't want to take the risk of having another one possibly hitting any of my vital points this time. Somehow, my mind found the logic to ask.

"H-Hey! Will you stop and explain why you're attacking me?"

Shucks. Attacking sounds weird. Some logic...

"Senyou... Why is he with you!!" She exclaims, her voice is husky with anger.

"I don't see anyone else here?!"

There was a hint of query in my voice. The thing is I'm not even sure if anyone else is here. Eversince she threw me off, literally, I feel the room getting cooler. Maybe it's because I'm getting terrified of a girl, yeah, that could be it. But in all seriousness, I think I do feel another presence in the room. It's as if someone is drilling into our backs with their stares. If this is what you get for saying 'Senyou' all the time, I'd like to wish she stops saying it. Then, it happens. A dark silhouette is appearing behind her, turning into a formless shadow before slowly enveloping the room. I feel the pang of exhaustion from the game hitting me and my head begins to spin. I recall having a turbulent cold wind rushing pass me toppling over the chairs and desks and then, darkness. I can still hear the rustles of her footsteps approaching me as she walks over the fallen books and scraps of paper. Beads of perspiration form on my forehead and my hands are becoming sweaty and clammy. I am rooted to the ground and my dry throat hinders me from crying out for help. I'm also afraid of what might happen if I were to abruptly make a run. What the hell is going on? Somehow a little more endurance as opposed to walking out to get that darn drink would have been nicer. I'm stuck with a psychopath in this maelstrom!

I hear what sounds like the withdrawal of several knives which makes the hair on my back stand up. Wavering between making a run and wishing that this is just one terrible nightmare, the time ticks by and I can feel the heat radiating from her getting warmer in this cold prison. Wake up. I tell myself.

I can't think of any other way. This whole situation doesn't make any sense. Another human can't do this, unless she's not. But aliens don't exist! It would have been here years ago if it did. I have nothing of value to them either way. It has to be a dream, nothing more logical than that.

Without further hesitation, I shut my eyes tight and lift my legs forward to sprint. Wake up, Kiyoshi!!

The room became silent. I'm pretty sure I must have ran all the way to the other end of the room. I open my eyes but still to be shrouded in pitch black. Then, I hear the drip-drip of what I feared.

"It can't be..."

Her weapon drops down with sharp loud clanks on the cold cement floor. I hear her footsteps moving away leaving me to collapse into my own blood bath. Sourly sweet; the scent of copper and metal fill the room with a hint of rust and salt intertwined. The pierce was acute with very little pain, though enough to make the whole body lie in numbness. Is this how my life ends? I'm not sure how much time has passed since until I hear Kouhei's voice calling me and the others in audible panic calling for help. But all I can think of now is; What the hell is Senyou?