Chapter 3

I wake up in the familiar setting of my room. My immediate reaction is to feel for my stomach where I got pierced. Incredibly, nothing. I flex my right arm which was badly bruised while intently staring at it. The red hues which should have been there is now unnoticeable. I was about to assume that I'm no longer alive when a young lady comes walking into my room.

"Oh, I see you're awake. How are you feeling?" She asks me. Her voice is gentle and soft, but clear. Who are you?

"Ah..." I try to reconsider my respond.

My estrangement towards her may have given her the impression that I was in need of some explanation. Well yeah, actually I am in need of a lot of explanation. Looks like she got the idea.

"Um... I'm sorry but, I've been told not to reveal much to you at the moment. Though I can say that I know what happened and rest assured, you are safe while I'm around. You can call me Torisei," she says while giving me a slight bow, letting some of her cardinal red waves fall off her shoulder. She has a ponytail tied to either side of her head.

"Ah... Sukehiro Kiyoshi."

"I've heard."

How? I crease my forehead trying to recall if I have seen her somewhere. No luck.

"I deeply apologise... Please wait a little longer while I'm given further instructions."

I sulk in my bed upon hearing that. It was frustrating enough not to get what Amai was talking about earlier and now when I think I'm saved, I realise I'm just going deeper into this enigma. I can see the girl looking at me with guilt in her eyes. I guess I shouldn't let out my frustration on her. Rather, maybe I should blame all these on my wild imagination. If only I could smash all these insanity with a loud roar.  A long sigh escapes me.

Torisei, if that's her real name,  hasn't spoken since then.  Her facial expression is showing worry but her gestures remain calm and composed.

After a moment, she turns back to me and her hazel eyes glitter with eagerness as she begins to speak.

"You're safe to leave!"

Heh?..

She's about to run out when I blurt, "Safe from what?!"

"Miss Amai."

"What?.." I can't believe my ears.

"Your classmate was playing with the frames of time. I apologise again for not being able to explain how you got involved without consent."

She sounds too formal... "Is this some kind of joke? You must be related to Kouhei right?! Tell him to stop waking me up in such bizarre ways!!"

"Kouhei? I'm sorry but I wasn't attempting any joke..." She says but her voice trails off as she suddenly turns to my door.

She pauses there for what seems like an eternity. Her hazel eyes cast-down away from me as she frowned, as if to ponder. Her mouth parts occasionally to speak to me only to relinquish her attempt to say more.

"If you don't see Miss Amai tomorrow... It's best if you forget what happened today."