1st Cure

A cold winter night.

Snow slowly fell from the sky, silently hitting the road's pavement. It contrasted with the loud commotion currently happening as the people move around the premises.

In the middle of the road lay a female, her long locks covering her face. She appeared to be in a deep slumber. A puddle of her own blood was her pillow and the piled up snow was her bed.

In a distance was a car that was swerved out its proper lane, its front smudged with blood. The driver of it had also fainted due to the impact.

The loud sirens of the ambulance was heard in a distance as it slowly approaches the area of disturbance.

And he, he who was her beloved, watched the scene unfold. His eyes couldn't believe what he was seeing. He remained kneeling on the ground, his own blood trickling down his forehead which he chose to ignore.

"...No." Tears cascaded down his face as his grip on a small engagement ring tightened.

•••••••••••••

Slow footsteps was heard as it tapped against the pavement. He cracked his neck, his gloved hands twisting it at an angle to relieve it from the stress of a long day. He then brushed his bangs aside, his curly reddish brown locks momentarily flying in the process. Finally, he adjusted his fedora hat and black coat that was draping over his shoulders.

"Boss." He called out his superior who had his back turned to him.

The man turned around and smiled.

"Chuuya." He acknowledged, fully facing the male.

Chuuya Nakahara. 160 cm. 60 kg. Birthday is the 29th of April. Blood type B. His ability is called "For the Tainted Sorrow". His current affiliation is an executive of the Port Mafia.

"Why did you suddenly call for me?" Chuuya asked as he keep his face serious.

"I want you to meet the new addition to your team!" Ougai cheerfully answered, stepping aside for the smaller male to see his new colleague.

A girl came into Chuuya's view. He didn't know what to think of the girl's appearance that time. For him, she was too frail to join Port Mafia. Therefore, her beautiful looks doesn't affect him for she is nothing but a future hindrance.

The girl blinked at Chuuya, running her hand around the bandage on her head subconsciously.

"She just went through an unfortunate accident. It's sad but hey, that's life, right?"

Chuuya sweatdropped at his boss's words.

'Yeah right. Life.'

"Isn't it better if Kouyou handles her instead? She's also an executive and a big mommy, if I may add."

"The old woman needs a break! ~ She's getting old!"

Chuuya raised an eyebrow. He sometimes doesn't really get his own boss. Is this what people would call generation gap?

He finally sighed. The girl may be an extra baggage for him to take care of but he can't really defy his boss, no?

He took out a gloved hand that was resting in his pocket and held it out for the girl to take.

"Chuuya Nakahara. Let's get along."

The girl simply blinked, slowly looking down to look at Chuuya's hand. She then looked up again, only to tilt her head at the male.

"..." Chuuya's lips pressed into a thin line.