4th Cure

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme,

Remember me to ones who live there,

She was once a true love of mine

The brunette hummed in the tune of the familiar song playing in his headphones. His hands are in his trenchcoat's pockets as he continued staring at the building in front of him. The sign hanging on the door blatantly said "Closed" which indicated the absence of the owner.

"... Just when will you return and open this again?" he asked the air, sliding his hand on the glass surface of its wall.

His heart started to feel like its being clenched as his longing occupied his mind just like what it does everyday.

"The little kids are missing you." he continued, his hands forming into fists. "...I miss you."

She was once a true love of mine

The song came to an end, making him feel the emptiness of his heart once again.

Tears fell from his eyes, gently cascading down his cheeks until it dropped on the pavement where he stood.

"... Dazai?"

The male faced the source of the voice only to see the last person he wanted to see in such state.

"Chuuya." he answered, hastily wiping the tears on his cheeks. His eyes then stopped at the dog in a leash the light brown haired male was holding. "...I didn't know that you're the type to keep a pet." a teasing grin made its way on his lips. It was of course a facade but being seen weak was never on the detective's bucket list.

"I don't. But my girlfriend does. She picked this stray Pomeranian up so I have no choice but to freaking keep it."

"What's the name?"

"Jana."

"Is your girlfriend a foreigner?" Dazai asked.

"Huh?"

"You said that her name is Jana so I'm just assuming that she is."

"..." Chuuya gave his rival a deadly glare, ignoring the pity he felt a couple of minutes ago upon seeing the supposed-to-be heartless man crying.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Dazai chuckled.

"Jana's the dog's name." Chuuya deadpanned before clearing his throat. "What are you doing here?"

Dazai's grin turned into a sad smile. "I'm just visiting my fiancee's clinic."

The light brown haired male's eyes widened as saucers. "You're engaged? Who's the unfortunate girl? Where is she? Is she in the right mental state?"

Dazai chose to ignore his ex-colleague's insults. "... Well, I'm in the mood to talk. Wanna take a walk with me?"

'Hell no.'

------------

'Right. Hell no.' Chuuya cursed himself as he walked alongside the person he truly despise.

His eyes are on the Pomeranian in front of him. It was waggling its tail in excitement, barking energetically every now and then.

"She is perfect." Dazai suddenly spoke after a long span of silence.

"Huh?"

"... My fiancee." he answered. "She was sweet, caring, kind, funny, and beautiful. She's really timid and is sometimes slow but her heart is bigger than her entire body. She loves me and I love her."