Chapter 1

I wake up at 5:00 am. I have to go to work at 9:00. So I get up and get dressed. I work as a comic book writer, so I just put on a black shirt and a jacket. After running a brush through my hair I got in the car and headed towards the nearest Starbucks. It was in the next town over, but I was willing to drive for Starbucks! I just put a Nirvana CD into the little slot in my car and bobbed my head lightly to the beat.
Once I got to Starbucks I got a Vanilla Cappuccino. I sat at a small table and drank my coffee, I was the only one here surprisingly! Usually around 6:00 am this place is packed! But its just me today.
After finishing my coffee I get in my car, sipping coffee, turning on the car, and Nirvana starts to play.

I get to work where I work on my comic book. Its not as easy as it seems, but I'm my own boss so no one is telling me what to do. My studio is a large room, full of paper, pictures, sketches, designs, and comic maps on the wall. I love being in my studio, its where I create art! In comic book form of course. I have a separate room for singing. It is your typical recording studio, but Im not recording today.

After a long and creative day at work I head home. I reach my apartment building and get out of my car. It starts to pour! I struggle to get into the building, but I see someone who must have been the new guy in the apartment next to mine. He is in the rain and it looks like he dropped... a guitar and some repair gear. I run to help him knowing that rain will ruin the pieces for repairing guitars. I kneel down and pick up some sets of guitar strings. We carry everything quickly inside. "Thanks!" He says as we carry them towards his apartment.

"Its no problem, really! I understand that rain ruins music equipment." I reply.

"Well, Thanks still." He smiled "Whats your name?"

"My name is Gerard Way." I inform him.

"My name is Frank Iero. I have heard of you... You write comic books, right?" He asked

"Yes, I do" I say we arrive at our apartments and I realize that he must be 5'5 or 5'6 because he is not that tall.

"I love your work!"

"Oh! Thank You so much!"

"Your welcome, and thank you for helping me with my things."

"Your welcome."

"Well I better go."

"Okay bye." We separate and walk to our apartments. I enter mine and make some ramen. I am too tired to cook a meal.

After eating the ramen I sit on my couch and watch T.V, the show that I watch is embarrassing for a grown man to watch but I do. "Say Yes To The Dress" is my favorite show! After watching a while I can hear the same show playing in the apartment next to mine and realize that Frank is also watching "Say Yes To The Dress"!!!

I decide to go to Franks apartment and talk to him. I knock on his door and he comes out in a Black AC DC shirt and some Batman pajama pants. "Gerard! I wasn't expecting you to be here!"

"Are you watching Say Yes To The Dress?" I ask knowing the answer.

"Y-yeah..."

"I was too."

"Really?"

"Yes"

"Awesome! Oh! Umm, want to come in?"

"Su-" I begin but Im cut off by someone.

"Gerard?!" I look over to see Chrissy! Chrissy is my ex girlfriend who tried to kill me, and still wants me dead...

"Oh My God!" I say trying to get into Frank's apartment but she grabs my arm digging her nails into it. "Ow!"

"I will get you Gerard!" She pulls out her gun!!! She aims at me and pulls the trigger! But I never feel the pain, I realize that I had closed my eyes and quickly open them to see Frank lying on the ground! He had taken the bullet for me!