Chapter Two

Buzz... Buzz... Buzz...

I sat up and looked at my phone.

Eight o'clock... it must be a weekend. I thought. I looked down at my phone and saw many new messages from both Marissa and Claire.

Marissa: Kiah! Where are you!
Claire: Are you sick? You never miss school!
Marissa: Kiah!!
Claire: Answer us Kiah!

I checked the time again. Eight o'clock.

Crap! School started at 7:45! I dashed out of bed and threw on my pre-planned outfit from the night before, all while brushing my teeth and grabbing my backpack.

I ran down the stairs and grabbed a few granola bars on my way out the door.

My mom and dad had already left for work so I was left with the only option of getting to school. The ten minute walking distance. So I decided to run.
**
I threw everything but my binder in my locker and sprinted to Biology with my late pass.

I put my hair in a high ponytail, while managing to squeeze my binder under my arm to prevent it from falling.

I bursted through the door right while Ms.Jenson was in the middle of the lesson.

"Kiah.. take your seat and take out your textbook." Ms.Jenson said, while taking my late pass from my hand.

I walked over to my desk in front of Kyle and sat down with nothing but my binder.

That's right, I was going with out my textbook.

"Kiah? Where's your textbook?" Ms.Jenson asked me in the middle of writing something on the board.

"I.. Uhh.. I left it at home." I said.

"I would expect more from you Kiah." Christopher a few rows behind me.

"Shut up Chris." I yelled, crossing my arms. Being bad wasn't all that hard, I thought.

"Wow, Ms.Goodie Two Shoes is no more..." Christopher said standing up and giving a round of applause.

"Why don't you stop acting like a child and sit down in your seat." I turned in my chair.

"Yes, your majesty." Chris said with a dramatic bow before he sat down.

Ms.Jenson's face was covered in pure horror.

"What has gotten into you Kiah?" She asked.

I just shrugged and rolled my eyes.

"After school detention, tonight, both of you." Ms.Jenson said, shaking her head.

"Now moving on..." She said, writing on the board.
**
"I can't believe you, Kiah, got an after school detention!" Claire exclaimed during break.

"Me neither..." I said, not believing what I just did last block. "Mom-Zilla is going to come out though." I said.

"Kiah, let me ask you something." Marissa started. "Why don't you want to get good grades and have high expectations?" She asked.

"Because! I've done that my whole life! It's not easy guys. This is who I am now. If you guys don't like it, you can just leave. You're better off with someone you can actually talk about other people behind their back with." I exclaimed. I sped up down the hallway and left my two best friends since kindergarten awestruck.
**
I put my headphones in and began my walk home from school alone. Both Marissa and Claire had decided to ditch me, but I was okay with that.

I don't think I was that mean.. Was I?

I left one headphone in and the other one out so if someone actually decided to talk to me, they could as they chose.

But no one came.

I heard tires going on the pavement behind me, with only five minutes left until I was home.

"Hey!" I turned and look beside me in the road.

A pickup truck was driving at my speed with two guys, my age, looking out the open window.

I shoved my other headphone in my ear and sped up a little.

'honk'

I jumped and ripped out both of my earbuds.

"Can I help you?" I asked, giving them a dirty look.

"Yeah, actually, why don't you hop in and we'll give you a ride to your house." The driver of the truck said.

"No I'm really all set." I said, giving them a fake smile and putting my headphones back in.

"Suit yourself.." I heard the driver yell, through my music.

The truck sped down the road, shooting gravel and sand at me. I rolled my eyes and waited to turn into my driveway until the truck was out of sight.

I opened the front door and stepped inside before the truck and its drivers made any last minute decision to come back down the road.

I went up to my room and checked my phone. No messages from Marissa or Claire.

I sighed and laid down on my back on my bed.

'Goody Two Shoes' or not, I'm just a lonely girl. I thought with one last sigh before I fell asleep.