02. WELCOME TO NEW YORK

CHAPTER TWO
WELCOME TO NEW YORK

     THE TWO OF THEM LEFT Equatorial Guinea and arrived in New York by ship

     THE TWO OF THEM LEFT Equatorial Guinea and arrived in New York by ship. It was a beautiful day, the ship went past the Statue of Liberty. Daisy looked at it in awe, she had never been to America before. She and Newt sat on a bench on the ship, her gaze interrupted by Newt's moving suitcase. She heard Newt whisper to it, saying that they'll reach their destination soon.

     "I thought we were going to go to Arizona," she said to Newt. "It won't take long," he responded, "it's just a short trip, hopefully we'll get to find at least one Appaloosa Puffskein." She spotted Pickett, a bowtruckle, who had been stuck on Newt's coat for quite some time, coming out of his pocket.

"When will you ever love me?" She said, sighing.

"What?" Newt, who was taking care of his suitcase, looked to his side at her, confused.

"Pickett," she simply said, pointing her finger at the bowtruckle, who seemed visibly relaxed in Newt's pocket. The creature had been glued to Newt like it's life depended on it. Daisy, on the other half, was a little more than mildly offended by the fact that it only wants to be with Newt.

"Oh, that makes much more sense," said Newt.

     "I mean, it's hardly as if I feel left out or anything," she said, her eyes set on the water, "but honestly, it seems you two have this special bond that I'm missing out on."

     "I wouldn't exactly call it a special bond, it's more like Pickett being obnoxiously clingy to me." Newt glanced at the bowtruckle.

     "Don't worry, Pickett. I don't mind you being clingy," Daisy smiled.

    "Splendid. Because I wouldn't mind you clinging on to her for a change." Newt gestured for Pickett to move from his coat to Daisy's — who would be very much happier if the bowtruckle did.

     To Daisy's dismay, the bowtruckle didn't fancy anything that involves moving away from Newt.

     They got off the ship and walked towards the customs, their own suitcase in hand. She had her attention to the surroundings around her, it was all so new to her, and was caught off guard when it was finally her turn.

     "British?" A customs official asked her, looking seemingly tired, she nodded in response.

     "First time in New York?" He questioned.

     "Yes."

     "Any Livestock?" He asked again, gesturing towards the suitcase in her hand.