THREE

After joining what Alex would consider the 'wrong' Russ buss, I made my way to my separate classes, finding out more and more about the girls as I did. There was a lot of laughs shared as we each told stories or funny jokes, the girls seemed to particularly like the ones about Alex, which didn't bother me, I was just glad to have some girl friends who weren't total bitches.

On my way to meet my new Russ buss group for lunch, I was stopped by a tan paired of hands pushing me against the wall of the stairwell, their strength overpowering mine. Instantly, I recognized it to be my brother Alex and without the boy even having to speak I knew he was angry and I knew it was about the Russ buss.

"What were you thinking?" Alex nearly shouted, cheeks flush from anger as he pinned me to the wall, still careful not to physically harm me.

"Well I was just thinking about what I was going to wear ton-" I began, but stopped when I was cut off by the look Alex gave me.

It was a mix between pure anger, disappointment and one that simply said 'I don't want none of your bullshit'.

Gulping down a lump that had formed in my throat, I met Alex's eyes almost daringly before I began to talk again. "Oh, you mean about the Russ buss?" I pretended innocent, free hand reaching up to twirl a strand of hair in slight rebel.

Alex's glare intensified, cutting me off shortly.

"You were supposed to join Ingrid's Russ buss!" Alex stated, eyes searching mine for any regret but when he found none, he simply stared at me in disappointment.

The look made me angry.

He shouldn't be disappointed in me just because I didn't join the Russ buss he wanted me to join!

With a new found spark of anger, I was quick to retaliate.

"Well if you haven't noticed, Ingrid is a bit of a bitch!" I shouted, which clearly surprised the boy.

"I'm trying to protect you Lillian. The Russ buss you join reflects your whole future and you just soiled yours by joining their reject one!" Alex vented in anger, using my full name to annoy me further.

"They are not rejects! Just because they don't sleep around like you or act so superior doesn't mean that they aren't nice people Alex! And maybe you should take your head out of your arse and notice that I don't need protecting!" I ranted, pushing the tan boy away as he stumbled, clearly shocked at my outburst.

"That was a low-blow even for you Lillian." Alex quickly grumbled before his figure was gone, already half way up the stairs before I could even move an inch.

Looking around with a sadness surrounding me, my eyes met Chris' who I hadn't even noticed was standing there. He shot me one simple but effective sympathetic glance before he was running after his friend.

-

Almost collapsing against the door, I burst into the girls toilets, quickly checking to see if anyone else was in them. When I found no other students I sighed out in slight release, however it did nothing to stop the tightness in my chest.

Grabbing some tissue, I stumbled into the sinks, hand planting down on the side to steady myself as I looked up at my appearance. Mascara streamed down my face, giving the impression that I had been crying when instead I had been furiously rubbing at my eyes to stop the tears from falling.