Chapter Twenty one

A/n: Hiiiiii guys, how are you all? My friend SafanaHakeem made the new cover. Do you like it?

Don't forget to press the star if you like the chapter. And let me know what you think about it through comments. Happy reading.  Lots of love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mahi's pov:

"Today will be the last time I'm doing this, obeying you. Once I tell my best friend everything, you won't have any chance to play your sick mind games with me." I told him.

"Mind games? What are you talking about?" He asked as if he didn't know what I was talking about.

"He should get the Oscar for his acting skills."  I thought as I rolled my eyes.

"You exactly know what I'm talking about. So, stop acting and get to the point. Why did you want me to meet here. And why did you blackmail me all those times?" There was no point beating around the bush. I couldn't understand why he was so adamant in meeting up with me! It wasn't like he told or did something. All he did was order me to get a drink and then leave when he finished the drink.

"Ouch! I could never do such thing. We're friends. I'll never do that to you."He told me with a concerned and honest voice. That voice could have fooled anyone but me, at least not anymore.

"This has to be the joke of the century. We aren't friends. No friends of mine accuse me of lying when they get caught cheating on my other best friend." I told him scornfully. I never resented anything more than the day I had befriended him.

"I know I did a mistake by accusing you of lying. I wanted to apologize for that day, Mahzabin. That's why I asked you to meet me." He said looking at me with sorrowful eyes.

"You didn't ask me. More like blackmailed me for last two months. And whenever I met you. You didn't say anything." I told him harshly.

"I know, I'm sorry but I had to. Otherwise you wouldn't have agreed to meet me. I wanted to apologize but didn't know where or how to start. I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have accused you. But I got scared when you exposed me in front of her." Saying that he touched my right hand with his left hand.

My skin burned from hatred. I tried to snatch my hand away. But I was unable to do so as he had already taken my knuckles into his palm.

He paled suddenly while looking at the right side. I followed his gaze and there she was. . . . Standing four or five feet away from our table. Soha blinked several times as if she couldn't believe what she just saw in front of her eyes. She eyed our hands that was still attached.

Snatching my hand away swiftly, I asked her,  "What are you doing here?" 

Smooth!

My brain mocked me. I couldn't decide what to do after getting caught red handed. I thought I would tell her about meeting him and his blackmailing at home or anywhere else. But some things don't go as you plan sometimes.

"I don't know, you tell me. After all you were the one who asked me to meet here." She said without looking at me.

When did I tell her to meet here?  I tried to remember.

"Maybe you've mistakenly texted me. So, I think I better go now."

My stomach churned hearing the cold and nonchalant voice. She only used this tone when she didn't want to let anyone know what she was feeling at the moment.

"Soha. . . I." I was speechless with the sudden exposure. There were at least thirty people in the cafe and half of them were observing us silently.

"It has taken seven years! But thank God, at least you've shown your true colors. I thought at least one of my friends isn't a  backstabbing. . . ." She stopped before she could utter a swear word. I didn't know how she was behaving so calm and composed. If I were in her place, I would have punched the daylight out of me.

"Listen Soha, it's not. . . ." Trying to get her listen to me was in vain. She raised her hand to stop me from saying any further.

"Thanks for proving me wrong." Without waiting for my reply, she left the cafe.

I stood there completely baffled. I felt so angry and remorse. I should have told her about the meetings without delay and I shouldn't have let him touch my hand. I turned to him only to see him smirking.

"Why did you touch my hand?" He just shrugged in answer.
Then it occured to me.

"Wait, you saw her coming, right? That's why you touched my hand so that she missapprehend the situation. You didn't want to apologize or anything. It was just an excuse! Oh my gosh! I'm so stupid!"

I couldn't stop blabbering once his pretense made sense. He wanted to create a rift in Soha and I's friendship.  He wanted Soha to miss understand me when she saw us holding hands.

A cunning look came into his eyes. "You know me so well my dear mahzabin. You always bragged about the friendship you have with that bi*ch. Now let's see how you rectify the misunderstanding. As far as I recall, she used to go berserk when she got angry. I've heard she was under treatment for her insanity?" He said with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Don't you ever call her insane!" slapping him on the left cheek, I yelled at him. The whole cafe went silent and  all the customers in the cafe were watching us. I slapped him once again, but this time  on the right cheek.

"And this is for trying to make us apart. Don't you ever show your face again or I'm going to smash it with a brick."

I stormed out of the cafe with a hope to get a hold on Soha before she leaves. Her car wasn't in the parking lot. I couldn't decide what to do next.

"Should I go to her home or let her calm down a bit?" I asked myself and hired a taxi.