Chapter One

Echo

     "You have finally earned my trust, Echo." Malcolm Merlin, said as he walked up to me. Malcolm Merlin is then new Ra's al Ghul, the leader of assassins. "What have I done to deserve your trust, Malcolm?" I ask him. "You are the only one who has obeyed my rules. You lied to the one you love the most, you are an amazing fighter and you have kept all my secrets on the league." He said. When he said, 'lied to the one you loved the most', it felt like a thousand needles were in my chest. Malcolm Merlin told me, if I didn't do as he asked, he'd kill my family, most importantly Lenard.

      I sighed. "Well I appreciate the amends after all, you tried to kill me twice." I explained. He chuckles.  "Yeah, well. I had my reasons. I'm letting you, go, now Echo. You have spent five years, in the league. If you are not back here with in a month, this charade, between you, me and The league is over." He said.

      "Thank you. Ra's al Ghul." I said while shaking his hand. "It's my pleasure." He said.

      Lenard

      I took off the locket, I was wearing, beneath my shirt. I opened it, it was a picture of my girl friend almost fiancé. But she died before I could propose to her, that's why I'm always so cold and closed off, I loved her so much, that when she died my heart burned. Today's the day that we met, the day that we fell in love. I could never forget.

Echo

I could finally leave, I could finally get out of here, but I needed to say goodbye, to my best friend, who knows what it's like to lie to the ones you love the most. She goes by Sara Lance. Her father is a detective, and she has a older sister named Laurel.

"Sara!" I yell as I run up to her. She was walking with Nysa, the daughter of the former Ra's al Ghoul, who is now dead. Sara looked up and she smiled.

I was out of breath by the time I got to her. "Echo." She said. "I wanted to say good bye." I told her. "Your leaving?" She asked. "Indeed." I replied. "Does he know?" Nysa asked. "Of course he knows. He told me if I wasn't back in a month, then, I'd be done for good." I said.

"I'm going to miss you, Echo." Sara said as they hugged each other. "I'm going to miss you to, Sara." I said. "Just remember do not tell my family anything about me. They must not know that I'm with the league." Sara said. "I promise Sara." I said. "You better not break that promise, do you hear me?" Nysa said as she held Sara's hand. "I promise Nysa." I told her.

"Well then good bye. Echo. It was a pleasure working with you." Nysa said. I smiled. "I'd better be on my way." I said. "Lenard?" Sara asks. I nodded. "He'll forgive you. I'm sure of it." Sara said. She could tell I had a worried look in my eyes.

Lenard

"Hey Lenny, care for some wine? You've been sitting on the couch all day. Looking at that, piece of bull crap." Mick said, as he poured wine for himself. "No thank you." Lenard said.

"So What's are next robbery going to be?" Mick asked me as he sat next to me on the couch. "We are not robbing any stores today, Mick." I said. "Why not? I'm bored." He said. "Then do it your self." I said. "Why are you so glum?" He asked me. "It's the day Echo and I met." I told him. He sighed. "You still got feelings for that chick. Jeez. She's dead. Probably an angel now." He chuckled. I gave him the death stare.

If she were alive now, she'd be ashamed of me. She helped me get rid of all that pain. Then the door bell rang, I sighed and got off the couch, and opened the door. My eyes widened when I saw who it was.