The Author's Page

Can it really be this far? Six full "years" are now logged - 72 short stories. When I started TJC back in August of last year, I did not envision that I would be this far along. Not only do I have the original "cast" still mostly intact, but I also have a Second Generation forming. At this rate, it will not be too long before a kitten will call Munkustrap and Demeter, "Grandparents!" Bombalurina and Tugger too? Scary thought, isn't it? 

      As we sweep into Year Seven, I am finding out one more thing-there is a select group of people who wish to become authors in TJC. As a result, the first eight chapters have already been given over, in part, or almost entirety, to authors other than me. Anna-Karin Larsson has spoken for one, Kristina Costa has three, Tailkinker has one, Tuomas Lempiäinen claims one, and parts of two others. A new author to TJC, but still an author in her own right, RIO, enters in for back-to-back chapters. The final four chapters will create a revision of this page, but one thing is already clear. I am now senior Editor of an Anthology-a style I debated when I first started thinking of TJC. Also scary to think about! 

      TJC Illustrations used to be the sole work of a wonderful lady, Anna-Karin Larsson. However, as you look into the last year, you have noticed two other artists have joined. Michaela Olofsson and Jen Knight have provided artwork based upon the stories of TJC. There are promises that the art will continue to come to me from this talented trio of artists, all for the enjoyment of the readers of TJC and the visitors to the TJC Website. 

      I would like to extend a "Thank You" to a select group of Fans. Anna-Karin Larsson continues to perform beautifully as my illustrator, and she added two more stories to Year Six: "Under Siege" and "Tottenham Court Revisited." The latter story has an interesting point. Both Anna and I developed the story independently of each other, and then we compared our openers. Both stories were nearly identical in nature! 

      Next, of course, are two editors who deserve their names here, but continue to insist on their Jellicle Names of Tailkinker and Silvana. Silvie wrote "Silvana's Choice and TK gave me "The Price of Tears. They also function as my story editors, so thank you for the hard work. They will admit that they have an ulterior motive for doing this - they get to read the stories long before they come out. 

      Once again, Tuomas Lempiäinen of Finland (and his wonderful sister) provided a story entitled "Windows of the Soul" and the scene between Prometheus and Galatea in "Silvana's Choice." As an added bonus, they provided the hysterics of the Babylon Parody found in this Year's supplemental. 

      As TJC marks the end of the Sixth Year, the website has gone up and over 2,000 hits since November 1st, 2000. In so doing, I have received favorable comments from Europe, Canada, and Australia, as well as various locations here in the States. Through the Internet, TJC has truly gone Global (in a sense). Now, if only RUG would call me up and say, "Rumblepurr? Have we got a deal for you?" 

      Ah, well. One can dream…