8

Dear Wattpad,

                I’ve taken your advice and become more flirtatious with Gavin because, surprisingly, it hasn’t been awkward to be around him since our talk about our drunk cuddling session. I suppose it’s just the way Gavin handles things; he brushes them off like it’s nothing. Still, I’m kind of hoping for the off chance that Gavin stops his display of ignorance and tells me that he suddenly remembers everything and why he was all over me and that he loves me and all the other mushy gushy bullshit. However, it’s much better this way. We’ve hit the Reset button and started from the beginning, and no matter how frustrating it may be, I think it’s for the best.

Today I gave Gavin a stuffed Creeper I found in the Walmart toys department. It’s really stupid and shitty to have costed twenty bucks, but it won me over with the Creeper explosion sound effect. I knew Gavin of all people could appreciate the utter stupidity of such an object, so I didn’t have any nervous breakdowns when preparing to give it to him. It wasn’t openly romantic, but he could still appreciate it.

When I handed it to him after successfully recording another GTA Let’s Play, he looked at me with those motherfucking green eyes and smiled. That alone was worth the twenty dollars and torment I received from the other Achievement Hunters for being so nice to Gavin all the sudden (especially after I murdered the living fuck out of him during the video). I guess I should figure out how to be a little more subtle the next time I give him something.

Also, I’ve been thinking; what’s the best thing I can do to get closer to Gavin? My initial answer was to go on an intimate trip of some sort, like camping, but then I realized how blatantly loving it would seem to Gavin. “Oh, Gavin, honey dearest, would you be as kind as to accompany me on a romantic journey for two during which I hope to kiss you and possibly fuck for a bit?” Yeah… Definitely not going to happen.

However, I decided that I needed another perspective to find the true solution, so I called Lindsey (after much debate, of course). Yeah, I really, really was freaked out about talking to her even after going to the movies setup with her and seeing her at work practically every day, but she actually helped me a lot. During our lunch break I got ahold of her and asked her what the fuck I should do. She told me that I should just get comfortable with being around Gavin more often than usual by asking him out to the movies or to go drinking or something. She wasn’t even weird about it…

I told her sorry again. She told me not to be.

So, I guess I’ll ask Gavin to go somewhere with me by the next time I make a post. Thanks for all the suggestions; honestly, I couldn’t have made it this far without you peeps. Now fucking comment some more (please). It helps more than you know.

-          Michael Vincent Jones