Memories 12

the last 

Takuya's Pov 

It's been a few weeks since i started just going out regularly without any breakdowns. I apologised to my mother and to all my friends. I started attending college more regularly and i have the highest grade in my course. I visit Hiyori at least once a week and bring her favourite roses with me .

It was hard but i took baby steps each day going out and at least trying to go to places where Hiyori and i would usually go.I started going to therapy sessions and they seem to make me feel a bit better and I've started working as well. In the cafe where Hiyori and I would always be at. 

Little by little i started to be happy and actually enjoy myself. It was a rough and long process but i finally did it. Today i was going to go visit Hiyori. 

I dressed in some black jeans and a white t-shirt with a black long coat since it was now winter. I wore some aldo black suede oxford shoes and i grabbed my wallet and my car keys and made my way to the florists. 

" Hey Takuya , visiting her today are we ?"

" yes " i nodded and smiled. I came her regularly to get Hiyori's flowers, but she didn't know she was dead .

" the usual  ? I haven't seen you with her around why don't you bring her around some time ?"

I was saddened but still smiled. It's nice knowing people car e

"Yes the usual and well I'm visiting her grave." 

She looked at my in shock and quickly apologised 

" Its okay , it happened some time ago,but she was my everything so i at least want to see her once a week ." 

she smiled warmly at me, " you're so sweet. I wish my son was a sweetheart like you." she smiled and handed me the flowers 

I reached to get my money but she stopped my hand 

" No no on the house , i mean you are my regular ." she smiled a toothy grin as i thanked her and left. 

I got to the cemetery and saw my mother waiting outside for me there. 

" Oka-san, what are you doing here ?" i asked surprised 

" Hiyori is my daughter in law after all forever and always " 

That brought me into a smile as we both walked in arm in arm and walked to her grave and set down the flowers 

" Hiyori i listened to you, I'm trying to live on and i want to thank you, you are my happiness and joy and i love you hiyori, i wish you were still her with me. Guess what? I work in our favourite cafe, oh you would enjoy it there today even more. There are all kinda of cake. I wish i can take you there again, but someday i will take you there again and well stuff our faced with cake. You'll forever be my love. I love you Hiyori ." 

I felt a sudden warmth envelope me from behind. It wasn't my mother. It was Hiyori. I felt a small smile come to my face as i closed my eyes and taped a picture of us together at the cafe to her grave. 

" I love you too takuya " 

" i love you as well, Hiyori " 

Soon the warmth disappeared and i got up and grabbed my mother's arm and we made it to my car. 

" Takuya i have to go to work , you sure you'll be alright ?" 

i nodded still a small sad smile on my face 

" oh and mom, " she turned ," thank you , for everything " 

She smiled at me and nodded and made her way to the car. I got inside my car and started driving. I left to go hang out with a few of my old high school friends. 

Soon as i arrived i was enveloped with hugs and hellos as we made our way to a restaurant. 

" so takuya , what are you doing after college ?" asked mina as we sat at the table, an old friend of Hiyori and I. She was like her best friend. All of them know about Hiyori and how she passed away. They were there to comfort me but I pushed them away . 

I looked her in the eye and answered , " Im going to be working in a hospital in America," 

" Omg congrats Takuya !"   " That's amazing !" 

" So proud of you !"  I smiled at all the encouraging compliments and thanked them. 

The night was filled with laughter and tons of food . Everyone else drank but i took a small sip and thats all after all i am driving. 

Soon it was late and everyone would start leaving so we said out goodbyes 

I was a little sad that the night came to an end but happy that i left my house and did something other than work. As i walked i bumped into someone 

" Im sorry !" i yelled as i see it was a woman 

" its okay it was an accident " she looked up at me. She has beautiful brown eyes and long brown hair that reached her waist. she had light dust of freckles on her pale skin. 

" H-Hi" i found myself nervous at the situation 

" H-Hey " she was blushing as well as i introduced myself 

" Im takuya " 

" Im.. Hiyori ...." 

The End 

a/N: Thank you guys for all the support ! Here is the last chapter and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Pls check out my other books that have a similar base like this ! And for those wondering , Takuya and the rest are made up and this all took place in Japan, i made it there because it seemed to fit my story line and the characters much better. Plus most of my stories take place in other places so i wanted to make one here. Thank you all for reading i really appreciate it . pls vote and comment !

Bye loves