Chapter 62 The Mirror Of Twilight

READER'S POV

Link and I were falling from being fired from the sky cannon that was in city. We landed in the water and once we surfaced we were back in Lake Hylia. Link said,"You OK?" I climbed onto a ledge and I rolled onto my back and said,"I'm OK...please no more falling from the sky.." Link chuckled and he climbed out of the water and he rolled onto his back as well and he laid next.

Link then said,"It's good to be back on solid ground and where there's normal people about and the wind is calm." I nodded my head and we looked at each other and burst out laughing. I tried to get up but I accidentally ended up on top of Link. Our faces were inches away from each other and I thought to myself,"Whoa...I know we're close and all but when you look at Link like this he kinds of reminds me of shadow but he looks more handsome that Shadow when I look at him like this."

We've been staring at each other for moment and I then said,"Uh, I think we should get going!" I said as got off him. I was blushing after I got off Link. Midna then teleported us back to the mirror chamber. Once we got there we reverted back into our human forms after being teleported back to the Mirror chamber and we put the three shards back onto the mirror.

Once the mirror was back together, it glowed brightly and then the chains that were holding onto the large rock dissolved and it fell onto the ground roughly. Once the large rock landed on the ground, the mirror glowed brightly and then a portal opened in the centre of the rock. I said,"Wow, I wish my mom was here to see this."

Just then Midna came out Link's shadow and she stared at the portal. She said,"Some call out realm a world of shadows, but that makes it sound unpleasant... The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You two have seen it yourselves as the sun sets on this world. Bathed in that light, all people were pure and gentle... But things changed once that foul power pervaded the world..."

Midna looked a bit angry and yet sad as she stared at the portal. Just then the sages appeared and said,"It was all our doing..." We turned around and they looked guilty for some reason. They said,"We overestimated our abilities as sages and attempted to put an end to Ganondorf's evil magic... I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive out carelessness..."

The sages bowed to Minda for some reason and they said,"O Twilight Princess." Link and I were shocked to hear this. We looked at Minda and I said,"What?! Midna is the Twilight Princess?!"

MIDNA'S POV

I looked away and I said,"What? So...you knew? As a ruler who fled her people, I'm hardly qualified to forgive you." (Y/n) said,"Midna, what do you mean you fled your people? what happened?" I looked away from her and I then started to explain about what happened from before.

FLASHBACK

Zant was stepping closer and closer to me but I continued to back away from him. Zant swiped his hand back and when he swiped it again I fell onto the ground but when got on my hands and knees I became smaller for some reason. I weakly walked out of the castle and once I was outside I fell onto my knees weakly again.

I opened the palm of my right hand and it was the first piece of the fused shadow. I grinned widely at this because I knew that this power would be the key to stopping Zant for good.

"In our world, we've long believed that the Hero and the Assassin would appear as divine beats."

FLASHBACK TO TWILIGHT FARON WOODS...

I was hiding in a tree and I saw a boy and a girl and they were being held by their throats by a shadow beast. Suddenly the both of them turned into beasts. After they turned into beats the Shadow beast grabbed the backs of their legs and walked off with them unconscious. I grinned at this because I knew that they would help me no matter what.

"That's why when I found you two, I thought I could use you, Link, (Y/n)."

FLASHBACK ENDS...

READER'S POV

Midna then said,"And I only cared about returning our world to normal... I didn't care what happened to the world of light, not at all." I was shocked to hear her side of the story about the twilight. I then said,"So you mean to tell us, when you rescued us from that dungeon you used us as YOUR tools to get the fused shadows from those temples just so that you can return your world back to normal?! I knew there was something off about you the moment I met you Midna." Link also looked down sadly 

Midna looked at me with sad looked and she then said,"But after witnessing the selfless lengths that Princess Zelda, you and (Y/n) have gone to... your sacrifices..." We then looked at her with surprised looks and she then said,"I now know, in the bottom of my heart, that I must save this world, too. There is no other way." Midna turned to look at us and she then said,"If we can just defeat Zant, the curse on me will dissolve, and we may be able to revive Zelda. Let's go, Link! (Y/n)! For Zelda! For all of this world!"

The sages then disappeared as they lowered their heads to us. Once they disappeared, Midna was about to head into Link's shadow again but I said,"Wait Minda, there's something else I need to know from you." Midna turned to look at me and I said,"Back at the Sacred Grove, remember when I told you and Link about the apple of Eden and how my father gave it to a friend who is not from this world? Tell me the truth, are you...are you the one who dad gave the apple to protect?"

Midna looked away and she said,"Yes, it's true." I asked her,"Tell me, what happened?" Midna then said,"It was a few years ago before the war between Ganondorf and your people broke out. Your father somehow gained access to the twilight realm and he came to see me. At first I was shocked that he, a light dweller and an assassin, was able to come and see me but, he was always the sly old fox, anyway, your father told me about what was going to happen so he asked me to looked after the apple for him until the time came to give back to your people, but that was until Zant and Gina came, she was some how able to gain control of the apple and now it's my fault that the apple fell into her hands."

I was shocked at this and my look then soften and I said,"It's fine, you shouldn't blame yourself Midna, besides, I don't know if this was my fate or destiny that I would enter the twilight realm and I would fight against Gina the daughter of the King of shadows, but I did promise Zoro that I would get the apple back no matter what." Just then a familiar voice said,"And you three aren't the only ones who are going in there."

I looked at the pillar and Zoro was there. I was shocked,"Zoro?!" Link then said,"What the?! How did you get here?" I looked behind him and Shadow was behind him. Shadow raised his finger to his lips to make me keep my mouth shut. Shadow then disappeared Zoro then said,"I have my ways anyway, a little birdie told me that you three were looking for the mirror shards and I can see the mirror is back to normal and I guess that means you're going to get the apple back?"

I nodded my head and said,"Yes, but it's not gonna be easy because Gina has a hold of the Apple, but if you want to come Zoro then so be it." Zoro smiled and he walked towards us and Midna smiled and said,"Everyone, thank you." We smiled at her and she then went back into Link's shadow.

I said,"Let's go, Link, Zoro." They nodded their heads and we stepped on the white glowing stone and then stairs appeared. We walked up them and then the portal teleported us to the realm.

TO BE CONTINUED...