New Additions

A.N. I'm going to try working from 1st person POVs tell me how you like it. Oh and the actual adoption part will start to go into action next chapter.

      I was drying my hair, and getting ready for a night of sleeping and cuddling with my amazing wife. Anne had already beat me to it though. She was laying next to a curled up Archer, playing with his black and white fur.

      "Hey V, are you almost done with work?" I ask.

      Vanessa looks up from her laptop, her hair cascading over her shoulder. "What'd you say?"

      I chuckle, she always seems to get absorbed into her work. "I asked if you were almost done with work."

      "Oh," She chuckles, "I'm not doing work."

      "Oh watcha doing?" I ask getting in bed and moving close to her.

      "See for yourself." She angles the computer towards me.

      "Unique baby names," I read aloud the header at the top of the screen. "Why are you looking up baby names V?"

      "Well I mean we're going to have to them something."

      I furrow my eyebrows, "What?" Anne moves into my lap, her golden-red fur standing out against my dark sweats.

      "Lin we need to pick out a name for them." Vanessa moves a hand to her stomach.

      "Are you serious?" I say in disbelief.

      "Yes," She says, a smile growing on her face.

      I can feel my jaw drop, "Like a-, a-,."

      "A baby?" Vanessa chuckles, "Yes Lin we're having a baby."

      "A human baby?"

      "No a volociraptor, yes a human baby."

      My eyes grow wide, "I'm going to be a papì." Vanessa nods beaming at me. I giggle and wrap my arms around her, "We're going to have a baby." I'm practically squealing at this point. Vanessa nods, she's already glowing. "We're going to have a baby." The realization finally sinks in, "We're not ready to have a baby."

       "What do you mean?" V asks a look of consern on her face.

      "Our new apartment  is still under construction, and the show is opening in a few months and-,"

      "Lin breathe, it'll be ok I promise." V grabs my face between her hands.

      "How do you know?"

      "Because, like you said pacencia y fe."

      "Patience and faith."

      "Yes, that's all we need to make it though this."

      "Thank you."

      "For what?"

      "Helping me and for giving me a kid."

      V chuckles, her face lighting up, "You don't have to thank me."

      "I know, but I still feel like I should."

      She yawns, "Aww, thank you sweetie."

      I smile, I love when she calls me cute little names. "I think someone, wait no, someones are tired."

      V shakes her hair a little, "You're right." She lays down and curls up to her pillow.

      "Aww come on." I whine.

      "Your hair is wet and I don't want to deal with it right now."

      "Meanie."

      She rolls over and sticks her tongue out at me before rolling back over. I lay down and pull her close, kissing her neck and making her giggle, while Anne moves to Archer.

      "We're going to have a production baby."

      "What?" V asks quizzically.

      "I got the job for Moana."

      "You're going to be so busy."

      "I know but that's what Anne's for, to help me."

      "And to keep you from doing something stupid." Anne says from her place at the foot of the bed, curled up to Archer.

      "Hey, I've gotten better."

      Archer sits up, "True, you do remember to sleep more often now."

      "Hey what is this gang up on Lin night?" I ask.

      "I haven't ganged up on you yet." V says.

      "And that's why you're so amazing."

      "You didn't let me finish. I haven't ganged up on you yet, but I will if you keep me from getting sleep."

      "Ok, ok." I pull the covers up and make sure V and I are comfy. "I love you so much." I gently kiss the back of V's neck thinking life couldn't get better than this.