Running With The Doctor (Doctor Who Fanfic)

The Doctor looked down at me for a few moments, his eyes soft and pitiful.

"Yes." He said after a while.

"It's going to hurt. But you can't let go, Kendall. No matter how much it does, you need to hold on. Hold on to that little string of hope that's nestled in that jumbling head of yours." He said, tapping my head. He placed his hand on my cheek and I took it, as if for dear life. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"Scan me." I said, squeezing his hand so tight my knuckles began to ache. Without another word I heard the whizzing of his screwdriver.

It felt as if my head was being torn in every direction it could, while at the same time being compressed into the tiniest of particles. It hurt too much to scream, but I could feel tears steadily streaming down my face. I dropped to my knees, clinging the Doctor's hand close to my own. I wanted it to end. I could just stop, give in, and the pain would end. I heard the Doctor faintly shouting at me to stay strong and hold on. I felt both of his hands holding mine securely. That's when it all began to come back.

When I was seven my dad bought me a sheltie puppy.

My cousin Marcus got in a car crash last year and lost the use of his legs.

January of this year I met a strange man in the park. This was when the Doctor crept back into my memory.

I found him in the park before he passed out in the snow. I fixed him and he asked if aliens got to me because of my eyes. We came to the planet Rixiloria 3 and heard a scream. We saw a female Rixilorian disintegrate a male. The Doctor brought us onto the ship and I was dragged into another room where a chip was inserted into my head. After a while the Doctor found me, and that's where everything got fuzzy.

But now I remembered everything.

I was able to utter a scream by now, and my body jerked itself backwards, breaking my grip from the Doctor's and landing me a few feet away from him. I blinked my teary eyes open, still feeling droplets falling down my cheeks. He stood still, staring at me with worry and wonder.

"D-Doctor?" I barely managed to whisper.

"Kendall-" he started before I was crying into his jacket. He protectively wrapped his arms around me as I let it all out. He pulled my face away gently so he could look at me.

"Oh, Kendall..." He whispered, kissing my forehead.

"Are you alright?" He asked as I buried my tear-stained face into his tan coat. I nodded a little and looked up at him.

"I'm so sorry, Doctor. I... I should have been stronger. I-I should have held on. I-I'm sorry I forgot, Doctor!" I exclaimed, moving my hair from my eyes. The Doctor looked down at me for a moment or so before he shook his head, smiling slightly.

"Oh, Kendall, your so kind. Any chance you can get to ease the pain of others, like taking their fall." He said, wiping my eyes with his hand. I smiled slightly and hugged him again.

"Doctor, I-" I started before there was a banging on the door.

-----

Part 5 is done! Keep voting for part 6!