Dawn - Chapter 1: Dinner Party

A Story by Eli Ayase

I was tired. The night before, or rather, until that morning Umi and I had our first night. I never thought it would be like that; it was probably less intense than I had remembered as my mind would probably exaggerated things a little. It was my first, something special, something memorable, of course it was – I was sure Umi perceived it somewhat differently but it made an impact on Umi too. But one thing for certain was that we spent the whole night and the morning after bare on my bed next to her. And I knew the scratches were real because it hurt when I showered that morning. It was real as I remembered how her skin felt, where her hands were, and where her kisses were. Her voice echoing – pitches and moans that were new to me. Umi had officially entered my private life where there had never been shamelessness in it, and we were alone there.

It also meant a lot to me as she shared her precious time with me. The time had passed but the moment was still in the air because I was shy and was at difficulty to look at my girlfriend, I couldn't even meet her in the eyes. With one look all I could remember from her face was how she looked at me when she held me, how she looked at me when she moved, and I was afraid she would remember how I looked at her when I was vulnerable on her grasp, embarrassing and... exposed. But I got over it quick as she looked so calm, happy as usual, and illuminating my attic. I felt honoured to be welcomed to her part of private life too – to live in the same igloo where she hid no shame. I realised the strength of her love for me.

I remembered her lying on my bed next to me with only a thin blanket separated us. Her beautiful yet playful face as she saw mine reminded me how much I loved her. She was delightful, more than any day I could had imagined being.

Her doors were already opened to me to begin withbut only then I stepped in and closed it. 

We had just finished shopping that morning. With only about three hours or even two of sleep we were surprised to get our groceries done as we had been wanting to eat with the rest of µ's. We bought spices and herbs, vegetables, and some eggs but we forgot the milk. We both carried doubled brown papers bags and hugged them so they wouldn't rip. Umi had bought herself some flowers too on our way, to fill another empty vase in the apartment next to the lilies and the tulips, and had put them in the same grocery bag as we walked. I was confused which one of them was actually blooming.

'Hey!' Umi said as she nudged into me with a tune and a key too, finally, at most 5 minutes I felt like she was staring since we last spoke.

'What is it, Umi?' Blushing as I replied to the girl who was walking so close with a shy smile, but it only made me giggle and adored the cuddly flower. I still couldn't believe I saw her naked under her clothes now!

She paused for a second or two, without a stop in her steps, and said, 'nothing.'

'Umi,' I called as I nudged back at her, just like how she did earlier.

'Eli! You're going to me drop the groceries. Don't do that. We're almost half way and I don't want to walk back to pick up more bags.' She complained.

'But you just... you did... and I... that's not fair!' I replied weirdly high-pitched while she laughed at me and walked ahead. 'Umi... I have sodas in my bag and I'm not afraid to shake and open them.'

'I have some seaweed and I'm not afraid to wrap you with it.'

We stopped and looked at another so seriously. But we could only hold it for so long we couldn't get through it without laughing eventually.