one ー the narcissist

⠀⠀
⠀♛ 僕の嫉妬;
⠀⠀⠀⠀Ꭻᴇᴀʟᴏᴜsʏ

⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⇢ one ー the narcissist
⠀⠀
⠀⠀

⠀⠀❝the littlest thing can cause a ripple effect
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀that changes your whole life.❞

⠀"c'mon, c'mon c'mon! we're gonna be late!" the oh-so energetic and overwhelmed idol, kim taehyung, yelled across the hall, packing his belongings into his travel bag. letting out a delighted giggle, his now-to-be housemate gwok soo-hyun too, rustled into her closet and her bags to get herself prepared for their long day. after picking out her favorite sweater, her favorite pair of underwear and her favorite pair of jeans to wear that day, she swiftly snapped back her pale beige canvas bag.

⠀"dude, are we seriously doing this?" the beauty yelled from the other side of that large, towering oak door.
⠀"yes, and i'm not taking no for an answer because i already got the train tickets."
⠀"what time do we-"
⠀"10:25 am!"
⠀"which station-"
⠀"yongsan station!"
⠀his voice loud and clear, taehyung's heart was racing, his face lit up with excitement. "hurry up soo-hyun! we don't wanna be late! hurry hurry hurry!"
⠀"tae, it's still 9:00 am. we'll be fine." emerging from her room for the first time that morning, she very quickly (and clumsily) rushed over to the living room, setting her beige canvas bag on the island counter and her red suitcase near the front door step.

⠀⠀⠀⠀let's stop for a moment.
⠀where the hell are they even going?

⠀to be vague, the childhood duo are going to seoul to meet up with six of tae's closest friends. to be exact, they're going to lotte world's ice rink (and other attractions- fun!) so that tae could introduce soo-hyun to a possible future boyfriend. before he brought this up, he had always been talking about all of his friends. how they were like brothers, how they were quite a famous boy group and how they have stupid little nicknames for each other. soo-hyun wasn't the in-your-face-fangirl type of person, she didn't follow their band ; but she was familiar with their names.

⠀"i mean, ice skating is fun, but why?" she sighed, resting against the counter for a few moments. "i don't need to meet any boy, i can find a nice boyfriend on my own." she puffed her cheeks at him. taehyung stopped what he was doing and raised his eyebrows in doubt.
⠀"last boyfriend you had was four years ago and he shattered you. remember that?" he smirked a bit, for the first time knowing he had sort of outsmarted soo-hyun. of course she just rolled her eyes.
⠀"whatever. but i mean, who even? who am i meeting?"
⠀"all of them, everybody's coming, but there's one person that i know will get you back in the game."
⠀"pfft, i AM the game, son."
⠀"don't even try, soo-hyunie."
⠀"anyway, who's that one person?"
⠀"you'll see."
⠀"dammit, taetae." they both laughed, their nicknames and their little arguments made them the best of friends.
⠀"it's almost time, ready to go meet future mr. gwok?!" taetae jumped up on his feet, his box smile was the brightest thing in their apartment building.
⠀soo-hyun sighed and rolled her eyes in a joking fashion. "yea- wait, i forgot something!" she turned back and sprinted towards her room, sliding across the clean floor to land directly in front of her door. forcefully opening it, she came back out with a picture frame and a small, crumbled note.
⠀"soo-hyun, no! put that back!" taehyung sighed and shook his head.

⠀⠀⠀a picture of her and daesun,
⠀with the crumbled note he gave her
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ four years ago.

⠀"it's fine, it's fine." she shrugged, taking her bags. she put on her clean new red converse™ shoes, smiling to tae. "let's go, c'mon."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ー10:23 amー
⠀"hey hey hey hey hey! the train's here! the train's here!" he looked back with the dumbest, cutest box smile ever. he hadn't seen his 6 friends in 7 weeks and this is how excited he gets.
⠀"okay, pippi longstocking. we're not even on the train yet so let's save the waterworks until we get there." soo-hyun commented with a jubilant smirk and an eyebrow lift. they both chuckled and boarded the almost empty trains with their suitcases. it wasn't a busy day.
⠀"isle 4, seats A and B." soo-hyun read off, looking around the train. sitting down and letting their luggage down, they sighed and awaited for their destination on the two hour ride.
⠀"so, you're really not gonna tell me who 'future-mister-gwok-soo-hyun' is?"
⠀"nope."
⠀"so just because he's a charming guy you think he's my soulmate, and we're gonna fall in love."
⠀"yep."
⠀"dude, what if i don't even like him?"
⠀"impossible."
⠀"boi."
⠀"i'm serious! he's a great guy, i know you'll love him."
⠀"okay, so if i do love him. what if he won't like me? do you see how your plan has flaws?"
⠀"not at all! i know he'll like you."
⠀"yeah right."
⠀"whatever. just sit tight and get ready for a surprise!" taehyung chuckled and gave soo-hyun his most sincere box smile, turned his head and fell asleep.
⠀she shook her head slightly annoyed, but also immensely excited. it had been four years since her last serious boyfriend, maybe she will meet her future husband next?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀—12:23 pm—

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀this is just the beginning.
⠀⠀ ⠀⠀hang on tight. happily ever after
⠀ ⠀⠀is much farther than you think it is.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ we'll be together soon.

⠀soo-hyun shot straight up and hit her forehead on the seat in front of her. "holy jesus, ow!" she rubbed the spot she hit, and turned to her left to see taehyung doing his best to hold in a loud laugh. "you know what... shut it, puppy." her face grew red in embarrassment as her best friend began frantically and joyfully laughing, falling onto the train floor. she shook her head with a held back smile, trying to make it seem like she wasn't amused.
⠀okay but what the hell was that voice? that voice, in her dream. who is 'we'? what did it mean by 'happily ever after'? she had never once heard a voice like that, yet it sounded so familiar. who's voice was that and why was it saying such things to her in a dream?
⠀"hey, let's go before they kick us off! c'mon!" she finally shook herself completely awake (even after hitting her head), took her bags and rushed outside to follow taehyung, who was sprinting.

⠀"HELLOOO SEOUL!" tae dropped all his bags, raised his arms and smiled like a freakin' idiot. "it's been way too long! i've missed this place so much, you seriously can't even imagine. I'M HOME, SEOUL!" soo-hyun was embarrassed to be seen with him but very amused. she's glad she brought this dummy with her. or yet, she's glad this dummy dragged her along to the gorgeous city they were in. passing through the ticket booth and security in just short of two minutes, they ran out to the city and gazed at the urban area. from the beautiful, architectural miracles of city to the people, parks, aquariums, planetariums and more. they were both the most excited to go somewhere than ever.
⠀"look, look soo-hyunnie, look!" tae rushed over with his cell phone in both his hands. "everybody's already there! we're a little late. c'mon let's go!"

⠀⠀⠀┌────────────────┐
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀—12:32—
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀JK: where r u?! :0
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀station!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀RM: i'm almost there
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀JK: guys hurry up wtf
⠀⠀⠀└────────────────┘
⠀⠀⠀
⠀"tae! we're here. stop running." she grabbed his wrist, as the brakes on his legs went off.
⠀"GUYS!" he sprinted over to a group of six young men with the same smile, as the group reached out to pull him in a hug. "i missed you guys so much!"
⠀"you too taetae!" the man who's facial structure resembled a horse spoke out.
⠀"cut the emotional crap already." the tallest member joked.
⠀"oh hey, by the way, this is soo-hyun! she's my roommate and-" the group cut him off by passing him to greet the gentle girl. as they crowded her, she was struggling to say hello to everyone while trying to figure out who she'll he set up with.
⠀"guys! organized introductions. come on." taehyung spoke out.
⠀"right. okay. let's start from youngest to oldest then? okay. i'm jeon jungkook, i'm 19, and i'm a vocal. you hear me the most-"
⠀"that's because people just love seeing your terrible mushroom cut." tae jokingly pointed out. "second youngest is meeeee. nice to meet you soo-hyun. you seem okay." he joked once again; everybody giggled sincerely.
⠀"my name's park jimin, 21 years old and a vocal. nice to meet you cutie." he winked before being elbowed in the gut by taehyung. "she's reserved."
⠀"i'm kim namjoon. i'm the leader and i'm part of the rap line." they shook hands, as he nodded and smiled. he was very gentle and charismatic.
⠀"i'm jung hoseok. call me j-hope! i'm a rapper and i'm 23 years old."
⠀"min yoongi. rapper, 23." he kept it short, with a deep and quiet voice. a voice she somehow felt comfortable with and sounded familiar. ...probably a recalling from one of their songs?
⠀"my name is kim seokjin - please call me jin. i'm 24 years old, and a vocal. great to meet you." unexpectedly, he took her hand and gently kissed it before smiling and walking back. soo-hyun was quite surprised but charmed, since nobody she had ever met was like that to her. she glanced over at taehyung and saw that he was raising his eyebrows up and down.
⠀"sooo, jin..." taehyung began, as everybody listened. "i think you and soo-hyun would enjoy each others' company a lot today. you guys have a lot in common!" he pushed them together in the direction of the skating rink (and the mall). "we'll catch up in a bit. have fun you two!"

⠀⠀⠀why was she so intrigued by yoongi?

————————
hellooooo there I FINALLY UPDATED ON MOTHERS DAY YAYAYAY
once again this shi t gon be long so like if you just quit when you saw '12 pages left to go' then leave
lmao jk. this will be a continuing fic and i'll do my best to update as much as i can. bye for now and enjoy:)

⠀⠀⠀