Chapter One: Want to Begin?

Leah lifted Nichelle off of the sofa, "Come one Nichelle! It's your first day of elementary school, you can't just sit here and not go. Don't worry babe it won't be that bad! It's just school you'll meet new people!" Leah said, Nichelle grabbed the sofa's arm.

"No, mommy, no. Hay-Hay Says that school is not good! Please no," Nichelle cried.

"Well you're going! I'm sorry Nichelle, but you must go to school." Leah Pulled Nichelle off the sofa, lifting her to the porch.

"No, no, no,"Nichelle argued, for a 5-year-old Nichelle was demanding like her sister, Hayley (or Hay-Hay as Nichelle calls her.)

"Okay, Nichelle," Leah let out a yawn, "If you go to school this morning, I'll buy you ice-cream from 'Nana Blue's icecream shop.'"

"Promise Mommy?" Nichelle stopped arguing.

"Of course, I don't lie Babe," Leah took Nichelle's foot and put on her pink and blue light-up sneakers.

"I know Mommy," Nichelle smiled.

Leah helped Nichelle get dressed and drove her to school. Nichelle was nervous, though, she hadn't made any friends at day-care, and well, she was scared to not make any today. Her mother helped her go into the small elementary school.( LemWorth Academy was for kids for Kindergarden to Grade 5, yet only had around 150 students in total.) Leah intruduced Nichelle to her teacher, Ms.Loveless, and gave her a kiss on the cheek and left to go home.

Nichelle skipped over to the chair in the corner and the other kids played with the number of toys scattered all over the class. She sat and picked up a picture book that was laid on the table in front of her. Her mother had taught her to read before school, with the help of Hayley and Jake, and Nichelle really enjoyed to read. She hated to be read to, there's just that thing that she can't really tell why it bothers her, but she thinks its because she can't imagine the world from the book.

She was reading silently when Ms.Loveless came over. "Pretty pictures, eh Nichelle?" she asked calmly.

"I'm not looking at the pictures Ms. I'm reading it. Mommy taught me to read," Nichelle replied, a smirk on her face.

"Oh really?" Ms.Loveless pointed to the sentence of the book that said 'Molly jumped over the puddle' "What does that say?"

"Molly jumped over the puddle. Ms, i can read. I'm not joking around," Ms.Loveless smiled and walked away, leaving Nichelle to read her book.

She didn't see the boy walking over to her, she didn't notice him walking alone either. she just thought he was getting a book for himself. He sat down next to her, smiling like crazy.

"Hi," he forced out, gripping his hair like he was nervous.

"Mommy said not to talk to strangers!" Nichelle didn't look up from her book.

"My name's Jordan Summers, so now i'm not a stranger," he smiled at her.

Nichelle looked up from her book. "I'm Nichelle Winters!" he smiled.

"Wow our last names are both seasons!" Jordan smiled, his blue eyes fluttered. He glanced at her book, "Molly and the rainstorm, eh? i read it when i was 3!"

"Oh so you can read?" Nichelle questioned.

"Yuss Nich!" he grinned from ear-to-ear.

"Well welcome class. I'm Ms.Loveless, you all have met me. Well, as the newest people at LemWorth, You all need to pair up for the tour!" Ms.Loveless annouced.

"Be my partner Nich, please?" Jordan stared at her with puppy-dog-eyes.

"Okay," Nichelle repiled.

Everyone ran to the door in their pairs. Nichelle watched all the girls pair up, and all the guys. Her and Jordan were the only ones who were in a boy-girl pair. As Ms.Loveless explained the rules of the hallway, Nichelle and Jordan were mumbling things to eachother. The kindergardeners were gestured out into the hall. As Ms.Loveless told everyone what each room was, Nichelle and Jordan weren't listening.

"Hey Nich," Jordan wispered in her ear.

"What?" Nichelle repiled quietly.

"Maybe we should hold hands, you know, for protection!" Jordan smiled.

Nichelle grabbed his hand and smiled. He smiled back with his white teeth showing.

"Are you my friend?" Nichelle asked softly.

"Yeah, your best friend from now on!" Jordan winked at her.