War Child

--one week later-- (Matt's POV)

It's been a week since the breakup. I've been listening to 'The Diary' and 'Black Dahlia' non-stop. Today I decided to visit a local foster home. Maybe seeing some kids would cheer me up a little...

--time skip--

I walked inside. There was a lady at the front desk. I told her what I was here for. She nodded. "Of course you can see some kids. People do this all the time. I hope it helps..." She said. I walked in and saw some kids hanging out. They were pretty much all teenagers there, but they made me smile. I was about to head out, when I heard crying from a nearby room. Curiosity got the best of me and I went to check it out. I went into the room and my eyes went wide. I saw a little girl, about 9 years old, crying while hugging a blanket. She looked at me and whimpered. I sat beside her. "Hey there. What's your name?" I asked softly. "Y-Y/n" She whimpered. "Hello Y/n. I'm Matt." I said softly. I looked at her arms. They were wrapped in bandages. I frowned. Poor girl. I pulled her in for a hug. She threw her arms around me and cried into my chest. "Sh sh sh... It's ok..." I cooed. I rubbed her back, trying to calm the poor girl down. I felt so protective of this little girl. I decided to sing to her. I started to sing 'Outside' to her, hoping to calm her down. When I got to the last part, she sang the last 3 words. "hold me tonight..." She whispered. "You know that song?" I asked. She nodded. I looked at her shirt. It had the dove and grenade on it. It was quite obvious that she was an HU Soldier. I smiled. "Well little soldier, I think I may just adopt you." I said. Her eyes went wide. "R-Really?!" She asked. I nodded. I kissed her head. I picked her up and held her like a baby and carried her downstairs. The lady smiled at me holding her. "I see you've made a connection..." She said. I nodded. "I wanna adopt her..." I said. The woman nodded and got the papers. I signed them and now she was officially my Little Soldier.